Zombie Dust Clone - Priming Sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbwhise

Reaction score
Hello all,

Still a bit of a newbie. Had done 2 successful kits, then I decided to try an extract recipe found online for the Zombie Dust Clone. Everything looks great and it is ready for bottling soon. I bought 5oz of priming sugar, but I don't think it requires all of it. I made just over 5 gallons.

I keep seeing online to use around 2/3 of a cup which is right around the 5 oz. but I think that is for larger batches. Is this correct?

Thank you.

I would not use the full 5oz packet because the one time I did that for a 5 Gal batch I had way over carbonated beer. Measure out 2/3 or 3/4 cup and save the rest of the sugar for another batch.

Yup. The NB tool works well. Use the weights if possible, not volumes. A digital scale with 0.1 g accuracy should be more than enough.

Measure if u can. I use 4.5oz for 5 gal bottled in every beer I do it just works for me and they all come out with a nice fine head and not overly carbonated. Get a small digital scale like 10$ on Amazon and its great for measuring hop amounts, priming sugar, basically anything. A def tool to have for home brewing.

Back