Your Millennial score is

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scored an 85....I'm 31...guess I am too in touch with the youth (not a bad thing for a single guy in a college town :)

I am religious and a non-liberal and I still got an 80.
I'm non-religious, non-liberal, have a cell phone + land line and I got a 7.

But the lack of tatts, no piercings other than my left earlobe, and no video games prob influenced my low score.

Really all this quiz tells you is if you're similar to the newer generation with respect to exactly 14 specific questions. Nothing more imo. Not having much in common with the 'pants-on-the-ground' generation doesn't bother me (and this is coming from a 'hair-down-to-your-arse' generation of a few decades ago).

Is contacting a government official millennial or not?

I would guess definitely not. Could go even further and ask if they knew the name of any of their elected officials.

Which brings to a OT point, it is seriously a bad thing that one trait we attribute to today's youth is having no connection with their elected officials. But, they still vote because MTV tells them to...

Scored 81 at 30. I have to agree the texting, social networking, videogame type questions are probably heavily weighted.

I would guess definitely not. Could go even further and ask if they knew the name of any of their elected officials.

Which brings to a OT point, it is seriously a bad thing that one trait we attribute to today's youth is having no connection with their elected officials. But, they still vote because MTV tells them to...

I'm not sure this is true. Millenials turned out in record numbers for the last presidential election. Furthermore, US voter turnout in general is really low compared to other nations so I don't think you can rely on the "kids these days" argument...if anything, we as a nation have little connection to our elected officials.

I'm not sure this is true. Millenials turned out in record numbers for the last presidential election. Furthermore, US voter turnout in general is really low compared to other nations so I don't think you can rely on the "kids these days" argument...if anything, we as a nation have little connection to our elected officials.

I am not talking about voting. They vote. You can vote and still have no connection to politicians and no idea what they stand for.

79 at age 41...is that good or bad???

i got a 76 and I am 38. I am going to say it is a good thing. I think I adapt well and change does not necessarily trip me out. I am not a texter but I do see its usefulness ( ie at a concert). I do not know WOW from D&D but I still love my Donkey Kong and Battle field 1942 on occasion

29 and I'm 27 years old. Totally a biased quiz. There was no option for "does not own a phone" and "does not own a cell to text". There was also no option for "anarchist" or "no political afiliation" for the political views question. I call BS on this survey!

From the 'Full Data Table' link on the score page; here's the breakdown for the 'contacted elected official in last 12 months' question:

Yes 33 26 34 41 27
No 67 74 66 59 73

The columns from left to right are:
Total Millennial GenX Boomers Silent

Millennialerers don't seem that much different than any other group. Surprises me a little bit.

EDIT:
Got it. You know they vote but you don't think they are doing it right.
It's similar to sex and poker in that everybody thinks they are really good at it but most have no clue wtf they are doing.

Guess I just don't get it, but then maybe you can help me understand. WHY do you want to text when you're at a concert?:confused:

If you go to the bathroom, get a beer and get separated from your friends, or are meeting people at a show it is far easier to send a text and land mark yourself than it is to talk in a loud crowded theater

After perusing this document some of the stuff they wrote is just lol. It seems many of these attributes that the millennials supposedly have are just attributes that EVERY young generation has. Now, 20 yrs ago, and 50 yrs ago.

If you can't find any usefullness in texting then you aren't thinking hard enough imo.

If you go to the bathroom, get a beer and get separated from your friends, or are meeting people at a show it is far easier to send a text and land mark yourself than it is to talk in a loud crowded theater
I've always just made new friends. :tank:

Had to take a break from texting my wife and playing bejeweled on my iphone to take the quiz. I got an 81, at age 42.

ETA - I think my score should be marked down as I found the "Or not" tacked on the end of each question extremely annoying!

Got an 87, I'm 35. I barely ever text (haven't in over 48 hours, that's for sure). Not sure why I'm "millenial". Moderate political views, never play video games... Although I can follow what the 'young' guys at work are talking about (video games, cell phones), I really don't add much to those conversations except to take it back to the early 80s when I rocked the Atari and Commodore 64. Which is usually followed by awkward silence.

Well, well, well....I seem to be the furthest from my millenial kids.....I scored a 3. A 3!

I'm a 55 year old guy who's an elder in an evangelical Church of Christ, I still have a landline phone. I'm even more conservative than conservatives....I'd like to call myself a libertarian.

I think texting on a phone just for the sake of texting is just purely idiotic.

Am I truly that far distanced from where our society is going, or am I nearly dead?:confused:

I'm 91% in line with the millenial generation.

Makes sense because I was born the first year (81) of the Millenial generation...

Age 51 / score 10. My wife has a Sh!tfacebook page, I don't see the appeal. I have always thought video games are boring and lower your IQ, but that comes from my first job at the age of 16 being at an Aladdin's Castle video arcade and seeing all the mouthbreathers every day I worked there. I text once in awhile, but not like kids who will text 24/7 - at the dinner table, while watching TV, etc. I read one, maybe two articles in an actual newspaper only b/c one is in our breakroom at work each day. I prefer reading it online. I don't have a land line anymore, just my cell. I don't like music on the radio anymore unless it is a college radio station! Mainstream radio is either old stuff I listened to in high school & college or new stuff that is Top 40 crap. Taylor Swift has no talent. Good music from talented new artists is out there, but you'll never hear it on most radio stations.

I'm not quite the old guy drinking at the VFW hall complaining about how Ballantine was a real ale and how they "dont brew 'em like that anymore". But I guess I'm getting close.

Well, well, well....I seem to be the furthest from my millenial kids.....I scored a 3. A 3!

I'm a 55 year old guy who's an elder in an evangelical Church of Christ, I still have a landline phone. I'm even more conservative than conservatives....I'd like to call myself a libertarian.

I think texting on a phone just for the sake of texting is just purely idiotic.

Am I truly that far distanced from where our society is going, or am I nearly dead?:confused:

I got a 6.

I'm 45 non-religious, non-tatooed...

I was thinking this test was measuring my apathy, but realized I didn't care.

I scored a 37. At least I fit within my Gen X demographic, but it's far too close to the baby boomer segment than I should be for my age.

Back