Your Millennial score is

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scored a 47 (I'm 45 - a boomer).

All depends on your values. It should be a entitled, "A Quiz to Determine how Liberal, Progressive, and Tech-savvie you are. The texting one really killed me (both in my score and in the fact that I thought it was a useless question). In my view, it's really nothing more than a distraction and a poor replacement for real conversation. Yeah, maybe that's my more conservative view coming forth, but I really see very little value to sending someone a text saying, "how r u" with a response of "k", or tweeting "getting coffee".

I'm 32 and scored an 83??

edit - this was biased since I was traveling the past 24 hours and didn't watch TV or read newspaper - adjusted score is 58.

Damn, I'm 46 and scored a 7!

I'm still not sure if I'm pleased with that or not.

EDIT: Redid it but changed two answers (that are somewhat unusual/time dependant) and my score was 20. I have not received/sent a text in the last 24 hours but I do send/receive texts and I don't usually contact gooberment officials but did in the last year.

Scored a 47 (I'm 45 - a boomer).

All depends on your values. It should be a entitled, "A Quiz to Determine how Liberal, Progressive, and Tech-savvie you are. The texting one really killed me (both in my score and in the fact that I thought it was a useless question). In my view, it's really nothing more than a distraction and a poor replacement for real conversation. Yeah, maybe that's my more conservative view coming forth, but I really see very little value to sending someone a text saying, "how r u" with a response of "k", or tweeting "getting coffee".

In case you didn't notice, you actually scored quite a bit younger than your age. Also, this page gives more details of how they came up with this. Whether you like it or not, texting is something that is used much more by the Millenial generation than by others at this point. My personal opinion of texting is similar to yours, but that doesn't change the fact that paying for texting for me is cheaper than trying to convince my friends not to text me.

The texting one really killed me (both in my score and in the fact that I thought it was a useless question). In my view, it's really nothing more than a distraction and a poor replacement for real conversation. Yeah, maybe that's my more conservative view coming forth, but I really see very little value to sending someone a text saying, "how r u" with a response of "k", or tweeting "getting coffee".

On the other hand, I have found it very useful in situations where I am, for example, meeting with friends in a noisy place, or a place with intermittent/sketchy cell phone service. I can still communicate effectively via text messages whereas it is nearly impossible to do so via phone.

Also, the expression "a picture is worth a thousand words" is still true. Sending a text with a picture of something is faster and easier than wasting everyone's time trying to describe the same thing.

damn proud of my 7.

i'm 32

Get a job you hippies! Bring on Sha-Na-Na! I'll take the autogyro to persia to see the king! Johnny Unitas, now there's a haircut you can set your watch to! I wanna watch cops beatin' hippies...and so forth

I'm 30 and scored a 96. I believe the higher the score the more closer you are to this current generation. Basically 73+ SCORES is 1981 and younger group.

I think I better mature or not let my 5 yr old make me watch cartoons so much :)

I'm 29, a bleeding heart liberal, make-no $ on purpose, jesus following dude.

And... I got a 21. Ha.

According to the bottom of the chart I am in the millennial generation, yet I'm not a liberal so I can't be mellennial (Scored 39). Being religious is apparently also out of style.

I'm 29, a bleeding heart liberal, make-no $ on purpose, jesus following dude.

And... I got a 21. Ha.

That's funny. Based on this I'm going to guess that the texting, social networking, and possibly video game questions are weighted the highest.

According to the bottom of the chart I am in the millennial generation, yet I'm not a liberal so I can't be mellennial (Scored 39). Being religious is apparently also out of style.

I am religious and a non-liberal and I still got an 80.

Age 36/ Score 41.

I've come around to technology more in the last year or so. Never used to text, then I got a phone with a keyboard, so now I do. (If I still had my old cell phone, I'd never text).

Also like to update my facebook page with cell phone pics on the fly.

Still a bit out of the loop on things, but I'm OK with that.

I'm 44 and I scored 82. That's because I am a Liberal, I text and I don't watch TV. And I read my news on-line. I think anything below 10 points is for the Tea Party senior citizens and redneck gun-loving Jesus-freak militia.
:D

the whole technology thing is misleading on this, I mean I am not a huge texter or social network freak but I am way beyond where the average 50 year old would be technologically.

Just ask my FIL :)

the whole technology thing is misleading on this, I mean I am not a huge texter or social network freak but I am way beyond where the average 50 year old would be technologically.

Your score is not your "age". The higher the score, the more you are like the prototypical Millenial based on their phone survey. Millenials are 18-29.

LOL I think I win for low score I got an 8 I'm 37

I got a 7 and I'm 32.

I think that we should work out an equation to figure out age to score.

But i'm not sure what that would do...there's gotta be something in here....you're "age-to-dirty hippe-ratio"? :D

:p

I scored a 90 and I'm 22, I guess that's to be expected....do I get a cookie or something for having the highest score???

But I was forced to pick liberal, but, they all suck in my honest opinion, but I had to pick one....

I got a 47. I don't text, or do much in social networking at all. I don't watch TV, unless it's sports, and I get my news online so I never read a newspaper. I got a tattoo in 1982, about 20 years before most other women even thought about it. It was a pretty "wild" thing to do then.

I'm 38 and I scored a 69 (giggity) but I have a 16 year old daughter keeping me up on video games and txting and the other things those crazy kids are into these days. In exchange, I've turned her on to Floyd, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. \m/

Back