Young's Double Chocolate Stout....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkpq45

Reaction score
Is the best beer I've had in a long time. Got it out of the can, poured, warmed to about 50 degrees F, quite tasty.

Of course, I just poured a Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout. It's probably up to about 42 degrees F, not warm enough to taste like really much of anything. Will post updates soon.

Discuss if you care to.

I love the stuff. Next time you have barbecue ribs, drink some of this with it. Best beer/food combo I've ever had. You get the smooth, sweet roasty-ness of the beer combined with the smokiness of the meat...it's fantastic.

It's one of my favorites. I decided to go with a nitrogen setup for Boddingtons and Double Chocolate Stouts.

Tried my first one today. Pretty good. I went on a chocolate stout tasting mission today. Tried the Youngs, the Rogue double chocolate and the Great divide chocolate oak aged yeti. The yeti was my favorite out of the three, Youngs second and Rogue last. Of the three, the yeti was the most chocolatey. Youngs was a very drinkable beer, very chocolatey on the nose, and a hint of chocolate in the flavor. I'm new to stouts overall, and definitely new to chocolate stouts. The Great Divide and Blue Point sour cherry imperial stout are two of my favorite beers overall. The youngs is definitely in the top ten, but for a double chocolate, i expected more chocolate flavor.

Back