You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just keep designing recipes and buying more ingredients even though you don't necessarily have time in your life to brew it all. Gonna make for some late nights.

Hello me???? Have ingredients for 3-4 batches with no time to brew them. Have to make a hole in the schedule to at least get the 12 beers if Christmas beer brewed since the original attempt fell a bit short of desired mark otherwise I'd have stellar aging on it by now lolol.

When your wife complains about how impossible it is to remove the residue on the milk froth wand of the new espresso machine and you know the perfect remedy: star san.

When the people on call with you finally ask what is that sound in the background and you have to explain it is the airlock bubbling on the mead and wine carboys you have under you desk.

When you delay inviting a friend over because you only have some mediocre brown ale lying around and need more time for far far better pale ale to carb up.

Must defend the honor of my beer.

Didn't know where else to put this:

I was at the GABF the other week for all 4 sessions. The best time to get beers you had on your short list was to get there in the ~15min before they let the public in. This way, the breweries were already pouring to check their carb level.

Anyway I was in the at wicked weed at this time when some ass hat with a bunch of other people just walked up and everyone kinda parts to let them through. One dude was clearly the tour leader and when he turned around he bumped into me and spilled my beer.

I was kinda pissed and asked the wicked weed dude "hey who hell was that guy?"

" Uhh that's Charlie Papazian"

"Ohhhh....well I still want to punch him. That way I can forever tell the tale of how I got my ass kicked by papazian and his entourage "

When you design your next brew stand in class instead of listening to your instructor tell you exactly what will be on the next exam... I managed to re-learn trig during anatomy. My next stand will be epic and novel!

Didn't know where else to put this:

I was at the GABF the other week for all 4 sessions. The best time to get beers you had on your short list was to get there in the ~15min before they let the public in. This way, the breweries were already pouring to check their carb level.

Anyway I was in the at wicked weed at this time when some ass hat with a bunch of other people just walked up and everyone kinda parts to let them through. One dude was clearly the tour leader and when he turned around he bumped into me and spilled my beer.

I was kinda pissed and asked the wicked weed dude "hey who hell was that guy?"

" Uhh that's Charlie Papazian"

"Ohhhh....well I still want to punch him. That way I can forever tell the tale of how I got my ass kicked by papazian and his entourage "
NICE! I was at the saturday afternoon session. Don't remember running into any of the tour groups... and that whole idea just doesn't sit right with me. Tour guide at a beer fest? I mean, I get that GABF can be overwhelming even for a 'seasoned' guy. But WTF???? Spend some time with the app a few days before hand, come up with a plan, and hit the floor running.

...when you spend 2 weeks planning a honey kolsch, shell out for premo local honey, use up a Saturday afternoon brewing it, and then realizing one week later you pitched the f#c%&ng saison slurry instead of Wyeast 2565.

So apparently 2nd generation Dupont strain ferments just fine at 64F.

...when you spend 2 weeks planning a honey kolsch, shell out for premo local honey, use up a Saturday afternoon brewing it, and then realizing one week later you pitched the f#c%&ng saison slurry instead of Wyeast 2565.

So apparently 2nd generation Dupont strain ferments just fine at 64F.

Sounds like you might still get a damn good brew out of that. :mug:

When you open your fermenting fridge and a wall of blow off foam spills on the floor... ugh that was a sticky mess to clean up! First time this recipe has done this...

It's especially bad if preceded by "I'm late for work but I'll have a quick nosey at the beer before I head off"

Damn you Weihenstephan!

When you've been looking at one of those fancy joule sous vide things and remember your HLT and MT are both PID temp controlled and scratch it off the list of necesaary cooking gadgets. It's nice to have multi taskers after all. I still haven't sous vided anything though.

When you've been looking at one of those fancy joule sous vide things and remember your HLT and MT are both PID temp controlled and scratch it off the list of necesaary cooking gadgets. It's nice to have multi taskers after all. I still haven't sous vided anything though.

I use my STC1000 from the ferment fridge and slow cooker to do hamburgers when I have a crowd over. Works really well.

When it feels weird to buy beer at the store.

Right?! I will get the odd six-pack for a change of pace from what I have currently on tap but I rarely darken the door of a package store anymore.

I did run dry for two weeks after we went through 25 gallons at the last race so I went to the liquor store about 4 times...it felt odd.

When it feels weird to buy beer at the store.

Definitely this. And then I spend a half hour in there looking for something good enough, all the while thinking that I can brew a 5 gallon kolsch for the same price as a top shelf craft 6 pack. Eventually walking out with a dusty Belgian because I think I can nab the yeast from the bottle dregs and brew one of my own.

When you walk outside to check your sparge water temp and notice some mysterious particles in the bottom of the pot. Realizing it's probably a small chunk of dried bird poo that blew off the roof, you weigh your options and brew on.

When you walk outside to check your sparge water temp and notice some mysterious particles in the bottom of the pot. Realizing it's probably a small chunk of dried bird poo that blew off the roof, you weigh your options and brew on.

Naming it Bird Butt Brew?

Back