You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

burtom

Reaction score
Pro tip from a farmer with 45 years of experience-don’t buy a farm and expect to have a lot of free time unless you don’t plan to keep the farm very long. :cool:

The only reason I can take the time to brew pretty much whenever I want to is that I have a 45 year old son and a 21 year old grandson to do the heavy lifting. I only have to keep the books and pay the bills-things I can actually do while I’m brewing. :D
Grew up in a small town and worked on local farms for some of my teenage years. I learned at least two things. One farmers must really love farming because that is all they do with their lives at least 15 hours 6 days a week, Sunday is a little shorter due to church. Two there has to be an easier way to make a living and I was right there is.

Snuffy

Airlock Sniffer
Reaction score
Grew up in a small town and worked on local farms for some of my teenage years. I learned at least two things. One farmers must really love farming because that is all they do with their lives at least 15 hours 6 days a week, Sunday is a little shorter due to church. Two there has to be an easier way to make a living and I was right there is.
My dad always said, "I wouldn't take a job shoveling s**t for another man, but I'd do it without thinking twice working for myself".

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Except a real swede uses .308 and 6.5x55mm.

ahh i remember when i still had my 300 Winchester, and how i despised the 7mm Remington crowd....it was a long time ago, all i remember is we both wore belts....

unfortanly, i got in trouble, had to go semi vegan, and am only allowed to hunt beans, and peas now ;) lol

and to keep it what makes it on topic, it was my recovery plan from amphetamines, LOTS of homebrew! and i know i'm a homebrewer because i only got screwed by dope cooks for 6-7 months, and now after 17 years i'm still holding my head high(?) drinking homebrew!

Erik the Anglophile

Reaction score
Ís ok snœrs ok miðnótts boði landi frá komum
ahh i remember when i still had my 300 Winchester, and how i despised the 7mm Remington crowd....it was a long time ago, all i remember is we both wore belts....

unfortanly, i got in trouble, had to go semi vegan, and am only allowed to hunt beans, and peas now ;) lol

and to keep it what makes it on topic, it was my recovery plan from amphetamines, LOTS of homebrew! and i know i'm a homebrewer because i only got screwed by dope cooks for 6-7 months, and now after 17 years i'm still holding my head high(?) drinking homebrew!
I was messing with mostly coke in my youth, but did some amphetamines, and benzodiapines was a staple apart from copiuos amounts of weed. I only got a minor possesion fine out of it though when me and a buddy got caught while walking around high as kites on xanax.
I got lucky though, if they would have suspected any reason to get a warrant they would have found like 30 xtc pills, half a hektogram of weed and about 8000 bucks I was holding for a buddy I helped deal various contraband. Would probably had given me a couple years state paid vacation.
Long time ago now though so getting a hunters permit and weapons license aint any problem.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
oh damn, i remember back in 2002 or so, when i could get a scrip over the internet...tried xanax...blacked out for 2 days, and woke up with a stolen keg!

i don't think i really want to know what i was doing, or having done to me....

I apologize if this was already mentioned
Not a problem! it's actually back on topic, but you know reading books isn't much better then watching a history channel documentary! you need to get some beer brewed! ;) :mug:

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
you know you're an alcoholic/homebrewer, when you're down to your last keg of beer...worried it's going to kick before days end, been waiting for days for your last batch to hit 1.000, give up and at least want it cold to drink. end up burst carbing while it's still at 80f, and GET Blisters on your hand from so vigously shaking it to get it to take 1.2ozs of co2! just because you don't want to go "Running with the devil" and have to buy Miller!

Mr. Vern

Sacred Crow Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When you get to test a wireless thermometer from InkBird on HBT.. and you use the refund to pay Yakima for the 2 Lbs of hops :rock:

Also.. I'm 300+ bottles in house, clean and ready for the "bottle shortage" to strike. I see all of those cans out there. I might even bottle the 90 shilling I have coming up .... "might"

I think my keg just laughed out loud