You know you're a home brewer when?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is off-topic, but close enough. i brewed sunday, and it's done fermenting tuesday?

i honestly expected it to take a few more days, and now i don't have any empty kegs to put it in!

guess i was a little too gungho to get it brewed.

seatazzz

Well-Known Bloviator & Pontificator
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is off-topic, but close enough. i brewed sunday, and it's done fermenting tuesday?

i honestly expected it to take a few more days, and now i don't have any empty kegs to put it in!

Geez dude I thought I pushed my beers too fast...the one I did on Sunday has already dropped its krausen but I'm restraining myself from dropping the dry hop for at least 3 more days, cause it's going to be a big one. Plenty of healthy yeast and constant temperature did it. And I also don't have an empty keg for it....yet. Working on that as I type.

Maybe not this weekend, but I propose a race between the two of us...we pick the recipe, hops, yeast (fresh, not slurry or washed), and date, and see who gets good beer (not just drinkable, both of us can drink too-young beer and like it) first. A 'la brulosophy, but more fun. Whaddya think? I'd be willing to ship a couple of bottles down to AZ as long as it's not too pricey. No kveik, has to be something like Notty or one of the Safeales (hey I'm proposing this, I get to make a couple rules, and I don't like using liquid yeast). You can use your own self-kilned malt. Hops have to be something we already have in stock. Interested?

3 Dawg Night

Life is too short to drink crappy beer.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Geez dude I thought I pushed my beers too fast...the one I did on Sunday has already dropped its krausen but I'm restraining myself from dropping the dry hop for at least 3 more days, cause it's going to be a big one. Plenty of healthy yeast and constant temperature did it. And I also don't have an empty keg for it....yet. Working on that as I type.

Maybe not this weekend, but I propose a race between the two of us...we pick the recipe, hops, yeast (fresh, not slurry or washed), and date, and see who gets good beer (not just drinkable, both of us can drink too-young beer and like it) first. A 'la brulosophy, but more fun. Whaddya think? I'd be willing to ship a couple of bottles down to AZ as long as it's not too pricey. No kveik, has to be something like Notty or one of the Safeales (hey I'm proposing this, I get to make a couple rules, and I don't like using liquid yeast). You can use your own self-kilned malt. Hops have to be something we already have in stock. Interested?
giphy.gif

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I think the topic of dreams has come up before, but i had this dream last night.

I was dreaming i took a sample of beer on my new digital refrac and was worried all night that i didn't use a wet tissue to clean the lense....i was really concerned about it all night. but i just checked and it WAS actually just a dream!

seatazzz

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I think the topic of dreams has come up before, but i had this dream last night.

I was dreaming i took a sample of beer on my new digital refrac and was worried all night that i didn't use a wet tissue to clean the lense....i was really concerned about it all night. but i just checked and it WAS actually just a dream!
I've done that too, except it was cleaning. Dreamt I came out to the garage to brew and everything was filthy/nasty from the last brewday. Woke up the next morning to a sparkling clean brewery. Think it was one of those druk brewdays where I did everything on autopilot and couldn't remember that I did it. Or I got up in my sleep and cleaned the brewery. Whatever.

seatazzz

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's one: when it's Mother's Day, and my absolutely wonderful husband wants to take me out for dinner, but I would rather stay home, cook ribs & rice, and drink my own homebrew. Also I really don't feel like dressing in clothes suitable to be seen in public. Jammie pants and sweatshirt still showing signs of grain dust from brewing this morning? Oh hells yes.

seatazzz

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, you still wear a shirt? when i brew in the house with 12 gallons boiling on the stove i strip down to my boxer briefs! 😛 :mug:
Gee thanks for that very disturbing visual in my imagination. Also I wear a hat. Keeps the grain bits from coating my hair when I shake out the mash bag.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How does one get a $30 brick?
right here!

i'd say it's a little waterier then ale yeast, but flocc's just fine. so i'm happy with it....

OG-wan Kenobi

Arcane Artisanal Ales
Reaction score
right here!

i'd say it's a little waterier then ale yeast, but flocc's just fine. so i'm happy with it....
Holy crap that’s cheap

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
well, i've had a graduated cylinder sitting with a hyrdo in it...for a few days, now i'm wondering how much vinegar effects the refractive index...

Golddiggie

Reaction score
How about when you're "working from home" and have your personal laptop/computer with the HBT site (as well as others the corp firewall might not like) so you don't miss out... Not to mention searching for things that come to mind during the day. Plus watching different brewing (most not home brewing level) vids on the uubertuber...

Murph4231

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

Lol you sound like me. My wife says I enjoy brewing more than drinking the beers. Maybe so but I truly enjoy home brewed beers and having a variety on hand. Therefore, I brew.

fragged

Reaction score
How about when you're "working from home" and have your personal laptop/computer with the HBT site (as well as others the corp firewall might not like) so you don't miss out... Not to mention searching for things that come to mind during the day. Plus watching different brewing (most not home brewing level) vids on the uubertuber...
Please stop spying on me, it's awkward.

That said, I felt a little relief when this didn't end with "...from home and you accidently bring the beer glass instead of the water glass into the camera angle".

I use stainless tumblers now...