Yeasts is there a diffrons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeast is a very interesting little organism - it is neither a plant
nor an animal, but a single-celled fungus. As such, there are several
different species and varieties of yeast and, just like with the
apples you choose to make your cider, each one will make the end
product taste a bit different. The differences come because of the
rate of sugar consumption and carbon dioxide and other waste product
creation, as well as the temperature and pH needed for fermentation.

so if a recipe says to use champagne yeast and i use wine yeast it will give it a difront tast ??

Champagne Yeast does not necessarily mean it for Champage. It means it was first discovered int the champagne region of france. Will it have different taste, I would say that you will probably not notice it, but it could mean the medium (im assuming wine) may be dryer, sweeter, some yeasts are more tolerant to higher/lower temps, higher/lower alcohol. If a recipe says use Champagne yeast use it, they are not expensive and all the LHBS' here stock a good variety of yeasts.

it for a mead recipe and dose the difront yeast make a diffronts to how clear the finished product is?

I'm not an expert on anything, I would assume no as you can clear beer, wine and meads with time and/or chemicals and natural ingredients.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong anyone

cool ok

sounds good to me :)

i have not a clue i am very green at all this still hents the not waiting to get champagne yeast and using wine yeast lol ow well i will have to let you know how it turns out lol

Back