yeast smell stuck in nose? anyone else experience this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrGarbonzo

Reaction score
Anyone ever get a particularly pungent yeast strain smell "stuck" in their nose/ mouth? I smelled my starter of wild yeast harvest starter yesterday and then when I smelled two different carboys and drank a separate beer, all of them smelled like the pungent starter! It was strange enough that I thought I had an infection in both carboys but I think somehow the yeast just overpowered my sense of smell and taste for a few hours.

Yup, and not just from yeast.

Smell some coffee beans, it's the sensory trick used in the perfume industry to reset your smell organ.
I guess (freshly) ground coffee should work equally well.

Anyone ever get a particularly pungent yeast strain smell "stuck" in their nose/ mouth? I smelled my starter of wild yeast harvest starter yesterday and then when I smelled two different carboys and drank a separate beer, all of them smelled like the pungent starter! It was strange enough that I thought I had an infection in both carboys but I think somehow the yeast just overpowered my sense of smell and taste for a few hours.
Lucky

Back