Yeast cake w lots of hop in it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerluvva

Reaction score
Recently taken yeast cake from a wy1056 brew. Had a strainer mishap and most of my hop material (pellets) ended up in the fermenter. I expected the yeast & hop to separate more than shown, photo is about 10 days old. Question is: could I repitch as is into my next brew, or do I need to get the hop out of there ?

Thanks all

image-2551285244.jpg

the hops shouldnt carry over any flavor/aroma. I'd make a starter with that tho unless its a lower OG brew

I just washed for the first time.
I had a similar mishap with my strainer being a punk biatch, and got loads o trub in the primary. My washed jars look the same. ( i got 5 jars i think, and 3 of them look similar to this but with a bit more yeast. The other 2 look like a nice fat yeast cake. ) I agree with the previous poster. Yeast starter for sure.

From what I have read you can let it sit for a few days then try to get just the yeast off the top into an other jar. Then let that sit till you need it. Do a starter unless you feel save. Have a dry yeast ready just encase nothing happens after 3days an you can repitch.

Latest posts

Back