Woodshop Ten

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a call but all they said was that the train would operate from union station down to Oceanside and then it would be a buss down to SD.

Got a link?

I do not, I am just relaying information for the Woodshop discussion on FB and a local Google group I am in. If I find one I will let you know.

^ saw that.

looks like I'm on both trains that are ok. business class bus ride.

So one of our little secrets is out-- we had a special commemorative beer made just for our event!

Highland Park Woodshop 10th Anniversary Beer

And we had it bottled!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29180/191737/

A double oatmeal stout with Trystero Ethiopian Dry Process Yirga Cheffe Buufata Konga coffee, lactose, cinnamon, vanilla beans, and cedar "wood shavings". Only about 400 bottles of this special beer were packaged for sale-- $15/each (500 mL), limit one per person. Online bottle sales will be available to Woodshop attendees, and pick-ups required in-person at one of the events. If you are attending both events, you can buy one bottle for each day. Sales go live Wednesday, September 30th at 12 noon, PST, via Eventbrite.

Email blast with more info going out later tonight. Good stuff!

So one of our little secrets is out-- we had a special commemorative beer made just for our event!

Highland Park Woodshop 10th Anniversary Beer

And we had it bottled!

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29180/191737/

A double oatmeal stout with Trystero Ethiopian Dry Process Yirga Cheffe Buufata Konga coffee, lactose, cinnamon, vanilla beans, and cedar "wood shavings". Only about 400 bottles of this special beer were packaged for sale-- $15/each (500 mL), limit one per person. Online bottle sales will be available to Woodshop attendees, and pick-ups required in-person at one of the events. If you are attending both events, you can buy one bottle for each day. Sales go live Wednesday, September 30th at 12 noon, PST, via Eventbrite.

Email blast with more info going out later tonight. Good stuff!
Any kegs at Woodshop of this beer?

Pretty sure I have met most of you, but I'll be the long-haired hippie looking guy wearing a black star****er shirt.

Woodshop LA killed it! Good seeing all the woodshop OG's there. Major thanks to cquiroga for the whole weekend and a special thanks to Spoonsock for hooking me up with his coffee allocation. And it was great meeting a lot of the SD guys on Friday and Saturday, cheers!
6EFvwWC.jpg

I guess it was an okay time.

Just kidding, kickass time as usual. Great seeing everyone. I feel like getting time to talk with people I don't see as often as I would like is more of a whirlwind than all of the beers being opened.

Thanks to Chris and everyone who worked so hard to make this happen. Truly one of the most enjoyable and well-run events we've ever attended. Lots of amazing beer just for Woodshop and props to the brewers, both professional home-brewers (the home-brewed beers were some of the best from the entire event). The generosity of the attendees in sharing bottles must be mentioned as well. Great people and good times all around!

Almanac Citra Sour
Alpine Duet
Cellarmaker Tiny Dankster
Bruery Confession
HPB all the yeast
Something from New Belgium (that I can't remember)
J wakefield El Mariachi
J Wakefield Let the wookie Win!
Cellador Ales peach sour
Another cantillon inspired home brew, but I wasn't told any info on it, other than I enjoyed it.
I know I'm missing one or two more beers on tap, I just can't remember at the moment.

out of curiosity what was the tap list like in LA?

here was san diego
ld1HOUe.jpg

Almanac Citra Sour
Alpine Duet
Cellarmaker Tiny Dankster
Bruery Confession
HPB all the yeast
Something from New Belgium (that I can't remember)
J wakefield El Mariachi
J Wakefield Let the wookie Win!
Cellador Ales peach sour
Another cantillon inspired home brew, but I wasn't told any info on it, other than I enjoyed it.
I know I'm missing one or two more beers on tap, I just can't remember at the moment.
Melange #9 and a 2nd Cellarmaker ipa on as well. In the self pour area.

cquiroga

Did you end up finding tap space for my beer in LA? I know we were running out of room in SD to get everything on. I should be up in OC in a couple weeks. I know that is still a little from you and I am guessing you are on house arrest for a while, but hopefully we can meet up.

Last edited:
cquiroga, Thanks to you and all who worked to put on an awesome event!

Anyone know who brewed the peach Berliner and the peach wild that we're on tap in SD? They were both excellent IMO.

Those three taps in the corner were my things. Thanks for the compliment, glad you liked them

I forgot to bring my soda. I was hoping to get some feedback. :(

Was kinda hoping you would have put something on as well. Had a few of your other homebrews around town but never had any of your soda. Next time.

Back