Woodshop Ten

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how fast this sold out last year (I also have never been) but hoping tickets for SD will still be available tomorrow once I can confirm work will not prevent me from going.

Not sure how fast this sold out last year (I also have never been) but hoping tickets for SD will still be available tomorrow once I can confirm work will not prevent me from going.
Yeah, not able to buy these til later in the week, so hoping they'll be available then. Last year it didn't sell out for at least a week, but we all know the state of beer events these days, so no knowing how crazy people are going for this.

Pace yourself. Don't be that guy.
Make sure you have a good breakfast / lunch!
This can't be emphasized enough. Seven hours is a long time drinking. There will be amazing beers the whole day, and you don't want to be wasted before noon. Make sure to actually eat during the event and drink water too. It's an amazing event, you'll want to be able to enjoy the whole thing.

And definitely don't skip on the blind tastings, always a fun part.

This can't be emphasized enough. Seven hours is a long time drinking. There will be amazing beers the whole day, and you don't want to be wasted before noon. Make sure to actually eat during the event and drink water too. It's an amazing event, you'll want to be able to enjoy the whole thing.

And definitely don't skip on the blind tastings, always a fun part.
My strategy last time was:
Have I had that?
  • No - Try it
  • Yes - Try it only if you remember it being super duper amazing. Otherwise, pass.

Pro-tip, York Blvd. is filled with taco stands/trucks. So if you need to soak up that beer in your belly post event, just stumble to them (My favorite is the Al Pastor at the one set up next to the El Super Market) and let that grease do its magic.

Yeah, the important part is to pace yourself and to realize that you don't need to try everything.

Couldn't bring myself to do both days since it would ruin the beauty of just waking to the event in LA.

Huarache Azteca and Antojitos Guerreros are great post Woodshop spots. Best breakfast in the neighborhood(non-walkable) is Lemon Poppy Kitchen. Breakfast burritos at Pete's Blue Chip would be a good call as well.

Best breakfast in the neighborhood(non-walkable) is Lemon Poppy Kitchen. Breakfast burritos at Pete's Blue Chip would be a good call as well.

I mean if we are talking about non-walkable breakfasts then Nick's reigns king. And despite its annoying scene later in the morning, Sqirl is fantastic and is empty if you go right when it opens.

The barbacoa style lamb burrito at My Taco is also fantastic and can soak up whatever amount of booze you consume.

Really I am just going to turn this thread into being about food because I am both sad I cannot make the event and that I moved out of the neighborhood.

Finally figured out schedule and will be there with better half, the toughest part will be to decide which bottles I need to set aside for this.

Why is that? I figured this is one of the main reasons for coming to the event

This will be my 4th year going, and each year I partake in the bottle share less and take advantage of the great beer on tap. You get bigger pours to enjoy rather than tick. Plus, once you go with this mentality, you are not worried about missing some walez bottle.

Last edited:
Back