Wlp060-american ale blend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericw81

Reaction score
As anyone had an issue with beer clarity with this yeast. I like the taste of this yeast, but last beer with this yeast came out cloudy though my runnings looked great going into boil and my wort looked great. I just did a maibock style beer and thought this would b an interesting yeast as it is an ale with some lagering yeast blended. Yesterday I moved the beer to the secondary and again it seemed cloudy. This is the only yeast I have experienced this with granted the new beer just moved to secondary.
Has any one else had similar issues with this blend?

Oh. I forgot to mention beer went from 1.064 to 1.017. So yeast isn't stalled out. Just lots of yeast in suspension. Also, typing on my phone so please excuse my typos.

I don't have experience, but have been researching that yeast as I intend to use it on some American IPA's. The thing about it is that since it has some lager yeast in it, they ferment on the bottom and pull down some of the ale yeast which work on the top, making the beer cloudy during fermentation. Let it condition for a few weeks and once the yeast become inactive they will settle and beer should clear.

Back