Wish I knew how to describe my tasting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sepanik1986

Reaction score
Without being able to describe what is pleasantly striding across my tongue I can say this is one of the best beers I have made. I get light citrus, plum raisin, a little pine and honey. Smooth enough to hide the bite of the 12.5% abv. If anyone decides to give this a try let me know what you think

15 lbs 2-row
4lbs wheat malt
1lb dark Munich
1lb honey malt
1lb caramel 60

1oz willamette 90 minutes
1 oz horizon & willamette 45 minutes
1 oz horizon centennial & Liberty 20 minutes

Wyeast 1028 - London Ale

3lbs wildflower honey after high krausen

Fermented @ 69-72
2 weeks primary
3 weeks secondary (just to clear no dry hops)
2 weeks bottle conditioning

Without being able to describe what is pleasantly striding across my tongue I can say this is one of the best beers I have made. I get light citrus, plum raisin, a little pine and honey. Smooth enough to hide the bite of the 12.5% abv. If anyone decides to give this a try let me know what you think

15 lbs 2-row
4lbs wheat malt
1lb dark Munich
1lb honey malt
1lb caramel 60

1oz willamette 90 minutes
1 oz horizon & willamette 45 minutes
1 oz horizon centennial & Liberty 20 minutes

Wyeast 1028 - London Ale

3lbs wildflower honey after high krausen

Fermented @ 69-72
2 weeks primary
3 weeks secondary (just to clear no dry hops)
2 weeks bottle conditioning

Without even trying it, I will be quite sure that if you let it age in bottles longer it will get better. The dark beer that I made with 9% alcohol got much better between the 9th and 12th month in the bottle and I expect it to improve more within the next 12 months.

Without even trying it, I will be quite sure that if you let it age in bottles longer it will get better. The dark beer that I made with 9% alcohol got much better between the 9th and 12th month in the bottle and I expect it to improve more within the next 12 months.

I have a few bottles set aside for aging. One for 6 months, year, year and a half and two years

Back