Wine from homemade plum puree?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpalmquist

Reaction score
I have what I think is a greengage or yellow plum tree in my yard, and while the fruit was ripe, I picked enough to freeze about 1 1/2 gallons of puree. I'd like to try using some of it to make plum wine (to this point, I've only brewed beer).

My question is: Is there as standard conversion between whole fruit and puree for wine? Or should I treat the puree as I would whole fruit? I haven't been able to find a puree plum wine recipe.

I have what I think is a greengage or yellow plum tree in my yard, and while the fruit was ripe, I picked enough to freeze about 1 1/2 gallons of puree. I'd like to try using some of it to make plum wine (to this point, I've only brewed beer).

My question is: Is there as standard conversion between whole fruit and puree for wine? Or should I treat the puree as I would whole fruit? I haven't been able to find a puree plum wine recipe.

Puree may be hard to get to clear once the wine is finished fermenting, but otherwise I think it'd be fine to use. Use pounds of puree just as you would use pounds of fresh fruit (as long as you didn't add water to it).

Latest posts

Back