Will this damaged ball lock out post still work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowtires

Reaction score
Before you tell me to test it and see for myself, well I will if you guys are unsure but its a bit of a pain right now to test this. This is the liquid out post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Home Brew mobile app

1391483097811.jpg

Doubtful. There's only one true way to find out. I would think the result would be realized as soon as you use it so it if works great, if it leaks, it will probably leak right away and you can just pop the QD off and replace the valve at your convenience.

It will probably work.

The only damage seems to be the top flange. The whole point of that flange is to hold an o-ring in place that will seal against the inside of the barrel if the connector body. The flange looks as though it will still hold the o-ring in place.

Having said that, I would replace the post as soon as possible.

Cool. I guess I'll test it, what a stupid thread to even start. Guess I was bored. Thanks guys I appreciate it, I'll keep you "posted" bwahaha see what I did there?

It works perfectly

Huh. Imagine that. Who would have thunk?

I'd still replace it, though. Just because I want my gear to be nice.

Hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Barely even noticable when it's inside the kegerator with a QD on it.

Latest posts

Back