Wil Wheaton is a homebrewer and reads HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold on, I just Googled this and found an article on homebrewing with kids quoting both Joffre the Giant, a YouTube channel I follow, and Wil Wheaton. When worlds COLLIDE!!!

Also, the article mentions that Mr. Wheaton brews with his college aged son. Suddenly, I'm feeling incredibly old...

Hold on, I just Googled this and found an article on homebrewing with kids quoting both Joffre the Giant, a YouTube channel I follow, and Wil Wheaton. When worlds COLLIDE!!!

Also, the article mentions that Mr. Wheaton brews with his college aged son. Suddenly, I'm feeling incredibly old...

Ryan is going to be 22 at the end of the month. For those of you who have been here since I wrote the 13 on 31 post, you now know how I feel every single day. The rest of you can get off my lawn before I call your parents.

Crap, you're right.

Also, a t-shirt from Hijinks Ensue, a geek webcomic whose writers/artists are friends with the Wheaton.

I give you, "Three Wheaton Moon"
three-wheaton-moon.jpg

I've been following him on twitter for a while and remember seeing him talking about making an IPA with his buddy.

I WONDER IF HIS NEXT BREW WILL BE A WHEAT BEER?
rimshot.png

I hope Wil never comes out on here (not THAT way!)

I have personally experienced celebs trying to interact on forums with citizens, and it doesn't work. Inevitably someone with issues posts how they don't like something they've done, or some political thing they've said, or whatehaveyou. And then the whole thing becomes a spiral of flame ending in hurt feelings and shttyness. I think Wil has already had that experience early on in his online adventures.

Us folk tend to forget that most people on TV are just humans like the rest of us and have feelings and usually just want to be "normal" (Ok, not Lindsay Lohan, or Paris Hilton, or... Well, I could go on and on, but you know what I mean.)

But it would be sweet if he could. I just don't think it will happen.

I DO hope he can get on Dr. Horrible Volume II when they make that though. That would be one sick party! We need another writers strike...

I hope Wil never comes out on here (not THAT way!)

I have personally experienced celebs trying to interact on forums with citizens, and it doesn't work. Inevitably someone with issues posts how they don't like something they've done, or some political thing they've said, or whatehaveyou. And then the whole thing becomes a spiral of flame ending in hurt feelings and shttyness. I think Wil has already had that experience early on in his online adventures.

Us folk tend to forget that most people on TV are just humans like the rest of us and have feelings and usually just want to be "normal" (Ok, not Lindsay Lohan, or Paris Hilton, or... Well, I could go on and on, but you know what I mean.)

But it would be sweet if he could. I just don't think it will happen.

I DO hope he can get on Dr. Horrible Volume II when they make that though. That would be one sick party! We need another writers strike...

Wheaton?.... is that you?!

Is this is going to be our new joke when somebody asks a noob question or makes a reference to tabletop gaming, or 16-sided die?
"Who do you think you are? Wil Wheaton?"

Barley Crusher!!! EPIC...

and the fat kid from Stand By Me is Jerry Oconnell.. He married Rebecca Romijn Stamos

Well d16 isn't used nearly as much as a d20... like, not even close....

I'm not even sure what a hexadecahedron would look like. The standard roleplaying dice are d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and d20.

I have my eye on you HBT D&D people... I know you are here now. No seriously Whil Wheaton is a classy dude.

I suppose you could Google it....

d16-opaque-red.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have a 16. I don't know that they come in the standard set. When the model and hobby shop closed a few years back, I picked up a few sets of cool-looking dice on discount. I keep threatening to finish the dungeon and walk the kids through it, but we never have time :(

How does "Fawkes Anarchy!" sound for a IIPA?

So my friends and I in middle school may have been the only people to ever play it, but has anybody played Rifts?

Every time I mention HBT or my wife sees me on it, she always asks, "how are your D&D friends"? I've never played D&D in my life. I do love me some Zelda though.....

So my friends and I in middle school may have been the only people to ever play it, but has anybody played Rifts?

I played in the pre release and thought it was way too much like WoW. Except not as much fun. To me it sounded like some WoW players got disenfranchised with the game so they decided to break off and make their own version.

I think the players will find that the same jerks who make WoW frustrating sometimes, will end up being jerks on RIFT as well.

Latest posts

Back