Fellowship of the Home Brew XIII: Never Give up, Never Surrender!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

RCope

CopeCraft Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
@PianoMan asked me for a critique on his Westvleteren 12 clone. Like @camonick , I have no experience with the style. So I bought the closest thing I could find at Total Wine to compare:
IMG_3552.jpg

My thoughts are: PianoMan rocks! This is not a style I'd ever embrace, especially since Belgian to me means POF+ and I really don't like that particular "off flavor". But this beer is delicious, I get the malty, raisiny flavors, with a slight alcohol sweetness. Compared to the pictured beer, I'd choose PianoMan's every time...the commercial variant is more carbonated, drier, and thinner. Full disclosure...I have never tasted the real Westvleteren 12. But if it's close to PianoMan's I can see why it would be popular. Cheers!

fourfarthing

I make beer, what's your superpower?
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
@fourfarthing package arrived in tact except the tape seems to have become integral to the seal of Plums Diffusing. It's in the fridge; that's tomorrow's treat :)

Thanks for the OEC and Suarez :) was hoping those OEC's I was do drooling over the last few days found their way into the box :)

View attachment 728176
Shipping East to West means that I have been stalking your shipment for like 12 hours. Glad it made it. Very interested in feedback.

camonick

Mediocre brewer... Expert drinker
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Package ‘O beer arrived from @3 Dawg Night today. I was a little nervous about what I might find inside when I found the box. Everything was safe and sound though! Thank you. I’ve set the blonde and raspberry aside to age a little like suggested and have the others chilling and settling for some weekend sampling. I like the labels and coasters.:mug:
7F452518-9C20-445F-8A31-1DFA4BE6F578.jpeg

666FCA2F-0429-46C7-ADB2-3ECFF66900B6.jpeg

3 Dawg Night

Life is too short to drink crappy beer.
Lifetime Supporter HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Package ‘O beer arrived from @3 Dawg Night today. I was a little nervous about what I might find inside when I found the box. Everything was safe and sound though! Thank you. I’ve set the blonde and raspberry aside to age a little like suggested and have the others chilling and settling for some weekend sampling. I like the labels and coasters.:mug:
View attachment 728441
View attachment 728442
Whoa. That box scares me as well. Glad everything was OK!

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
View attachment 728441
View attachment 728442
Those labels though!