Why no higher end picnic taps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pictured something like that

View attachment 735608

(here's another one for @HBT_Admin , the video quote's text is off)
For an example of what i can do with a picnic tap, i will attempt, to get TOO much head next pour! this beer is 100% victory malt, and doesn't seem to have much head retention. but we'll see if i can still get a pillow with my picnic tap!

(and yes, i thought i was going to have to get defensive at jibing. but that's exactly it! :p)

keep in mind this is with, what i think was a 100% steeping batch......

1626372149969.png

Picnic Taps, Are The Champs! And now they're going to finally get polished, and hard!

just got a email, my bling picnic taps shipped today! can't wait to post a blurry pic of them!

not like it's a big deal or anything, there's always been SS picnic taps right? 🤔 :drunk:

just got a email, my bling picnic taps shipped today! can't wait to post a blurry pic of them!

not like it's a big deal or anything, there's always been SS picnic taps right? 🤔 :drunk:
Does your lense need cleaning or you leave vaseline on it for soft focus portraits?
Or just preparation for the so shiny new taps and to protect our eyes.

Does your lense need cleaning or you leave vaseline on it for soft focus portraits?
Or just preparation for the so shiny new taps and to protect our eyes.

com'on now, i'm excited, it's hand lotion! LOL

of course i was looking at the tracking number, and apparently the email was from the future because the label was created at 7:48pm 7-21-21....that was at noon today? 🤞

Unrelated to SS picnic taps, but since we are all talking about picnic taps - how do you guys store yours when in use. I usually try to hang off the handle of one of my cornys with the tap handle, but it is not very secure. Any suggestions?

Unrelated to SS picnic taps, but since we are all talking about picnic taps - how do you guys store yours when in use. I usually try to hang off the handle of one of my cornys with the tap handle, but it is not very secure. Any suggestions?

929.jpg

i just drilled two holes in the door of my fridge...

unrelated, but USPS says i'll have my taps monday, so maybe saturday! wo who!

I keep my three in the keezer immersed in a 1 liter jar of starsan, change the starsan when it clouds up

I GOT THEM!!!!! feel nice in the hand, but slightly rough to open. hope that will smooth out with regular use!

Thank You torpedo! :mug:

When I used a keezer with picnic taps, I would leave a hand towel folded up on top of one of the kegs and park the taps there, and any drip would end up on the towel.

well the other one is not as bad, or doesn't drip. i think i might have spoted a drip. not sure. have to keep a close eye on it to double check.

Good News everyone! i took the drippy one apart, and streched the spring in it a bit. problem solved! :mug:

I'm back to being a relatively happy camper! might strech the other one too just to be safe..... damn they do feel nice, but cold.....not sure if that's a feature or problem.....(maybe they should be coated in plastic as insulation? LOL j/k)

clips.PNG
Little clips like you would use in a garage for brooms. Got them off Amazon.

Could someone post a pic or two of the SS picnic tap disassembled? I figure it looks just like the plastic ones but shiny, but like to see things first hand

yeah the plunger is still rubber, as it has to be, but the little plastic stick is still plastic.....but yeah, it's about the sexy feel in the hand....

edit: and although i was with my plastic ones for almost 20 years, and will miss them....these are nice! definatly an upgrade! the feel, the sound they make when you hit the glass on them. awesome, just be prepared to have to stretch the spring in the rubber thingy....

edit 2: it is all stainless, not painted plastic?

Last edited:
well i just got a decent camera today so i figured i do @Wheelman the favor of taking some shots that aren't blurry now!

1630444720735.png

1630444829422.png

i guess now, i actualy do need to work on photography skills....i'll get it down someday.....

I really like this stainless steel picnic tap :D

they feel great in the hand too, their not just shiny! serious weight to them. and grity feel when opening did go away pretty quick, smooth feel on the thumb now.

i would say i had to take them TOTALLY apart to get to the spring and give em both a stretch so they don't drip. but i LOVE them!

Barbed picnic tap can be attached beet tube directly,this is the most easy,simple and convenient dispensing way with
lowest cost.If the advantage is changed,maybe it should not be called" picnic tap" :D

Back