Why I like HomeBrewers and the people on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

I’m not wrong. I’m left handwriting
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe this is a bit to touchy feely for some, I'll take my chances.

There are qualities, traits in the homebrewers I've met, either through this site or personally met and brewed with that makes me feel like we're all some sort of big family.

I don't know where to start, so will just say I think we all have common ground. Most people I know who brew are creative, passionate, artistic, intelligent, scientific, and down to earth people. I'm not trying to say those are HBers requirements... don't want to restrict, put rules on who can be a homebrewer. Just saying, those are some things I've noticed.

Please add your comments to this. Maybe brag a little, it's ok. I just read a post from a person who lost his dog and shared his loss on HBT. Made me think about how human we all are.

I like the mix here as well, there are some trolls every now and again, but we try to police ourselves. I have many people on here I consider my friends, some I have met over a beer, some are still just an avatar on a screen.

Everyone I have met so far are genuine, and personality-wise the same in person as they are on here.

I look forward to meeting more of my "friends" in person and putting a name and face to the avatar and screen name.

My closest closest friends on the planet are the folks that I've met in metro detroit through homebrewing and especially through this site. Amazing people.

I mean I got to do Terrapinchef's wedding this year and pretty much fricken cried through most of it.

269024_2042006102683_1620240672_1928082_6627610_n.jpg

That was one of the most amazing experiences in my life.

I gotta admit that HBT has a remarkably low level of *******-knowitall-makefunofyoufornotknowing-obnoxious types, which the internet seems to be rather full of. This is the only internet board I'm involved in, but I think it'll continue to be my favorite even if I branch out!

Maybe this is a bit to touchy feely for some, I'll take my chances.

There are qualities, traits in the homebrewers I've met, either through this site or personally met and brewed with that makes me feel like we're all some sort of big family.

I don't know where to start, so will just say I think we all have common ground. Most people I know who brew are creative, passionate, artistic, intelligent, scientific, and down to earth people. I'm not trying to say those are HBers requirements... don't want to restrict, put rules on who can be a homebrewer. Just saying, those are some things I've noticed.

Please add your comments to this. Maybe brag a little, it's ok. I just read a post from a person who lost his dog and shared his loss on HBT. Made me think about how human we all are.

Dan... I think its time we had a talk. I like you, I really do. But I think we both know we've been drifting apart for a while. Maybe we would work better as friends. Its not you, its me. I just need some time to find myself. If we don't know who we are on our own, how can we know who we are together? I'm just not in a good place right now. You're a great guy, you deserve better than me.

Revvy said:
Even if she is hot, easy, drunk and is begging for it, it's still a no-no to bone your cousin.....

without protection?

Listen to the song "Choctaw Bingo" for more on the hot cousin issue. And yes this hbt is a kewl place:)

I gotta admit that HBT has a remarkably low level of *******-knowitall-makefunofyoufornotknowing-obnoxious types, which the internet seems to be rather full of. This is the only internet board I'm involved in, but I think it'll continue to be my favorite even if I branch out!

LOL! You obviously haven't spent much time in the Obnoxious Football Thread! Or the debate forum.....

:D

Same here. I would consider myself part of the "younger" crowd (now approaching 30) , however the people on this board are all adult, polite, and not too good for anything. I have maybe seen 1-2 trolls, but the people here don't feed the trolls, they pwn them. I am making a broad generalization here, but I think that most that decide to brew beer and stick with it are intelligent people.
I have tried to go onto other forums that I have interests with, and this is the only one I visit and come back to frequently.

I get the feeling that most of the people on those boards (electro music board based out of london in particular), there are tons of punk arses. Which is usually consistent with someone who is young.

Broad generalizations here, but still , I agree. I <3 HBT!

I think someone did a poll here once, and it was found that the majority of homebrewers on the forum were in their 30's. I'm 32 myself but had always gotten the impression that the people on here were older. Probably because most of the guys in my homebrew club are almost medicare age.

bottlebomber said:
I think someone did a poll here once, and it was found that the majority of homebrewers on the forum were in their 30's. I'm 32 myself but had always gotten the impression that the people on here were older. Probably because most of the guys in my homebrew club are almost medicare age.

I guess I'm one of the younger guys on here. I'm 22 but this is definitely a hobby ill stick to for many many years to come.

Reel to reel, 8-track or cassette?

(Now we're really gonna mess with those whippersnappe's heads.):cross:

haha. Cassette.

too young for 8 tracks and only had a reel to reel because we bought one at a garage sale to record jam sessions with.

Back