Why does The Bruery rustle so many jimmies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chapeau-banana-lambic-1e4f75b3a8dc7fd1.jpg
One of the most vile beers I've ever had.

I am guessing someone didn't know that getting adjunct filled beers put in a growler direct from tap (no CO2 purge) shipped across the country in high heats can be bad for the beer. I would give the Bruery a pass on this.

True, too many variables, but CO2 doesn't prevent infection in growlers.

I think the point was lack of purging allowed for oxidation to affect the flavor.

The twitter picture said infection, which is tremendously different than oxidation. Unless we're assuming that the guy with the growler of **** w/ Coconuts doesn't know the difference, which could be true.

The twitter picture said infection, which is tremendously different than oxidation. Unless we're assuming that the guy with the growler of **** w/ Coconuts doesn't know the difference, which could be true.

I would not be surprised if the beer started showing infection. When at the BT treatment tournament they stated they like the flavor of raw coconut over toasted. However, raw coconut is crawling with organisms that are just waiting to infect the beer. Hence why there was no Mash & coconut.

My point is lumping the previous infection issues together with a growler that went bad is apples and oranges. Unless the beer is meant to be distributed in growlers (Peg's) I would assume the brewery is thinking the beer is going straight home to a fridge until it is drank relatively soon. Hell, maybe the growler was reused by the person who got the fill and it was not cleaned properly and there was some bacteria growing in it.

I'd like to give The Bruery credit where credit is due. Even though I think their beers are an affront to all that is holy, their wax jobs are phenomenal. How do they get them to be so perfectly symmetrical and smooth?

I'd like to give The Bruery credit where credit is due. Even though I think their beers are an affront to all that is holy, their wax jobs are phenomenal. How do they get them to be so perfectly symmetrical and smooth?
This is true but waxing beer is stoopid! Stop it! Waste of time and money... Drives me nuts

Waxing will stop when new bottling line is operating. Bottles will have Firestone type wrap with pull tab.

I have heard the same thing only my understanding is that brand name beers (Black Tuesday, Anniversary etc) will still get wax while some on both side of the wax (currently waxed and currently nonwaxed) will get foil. The new line is coming online this week, so we'll know shortly what to expect.

I have heard the same thing only my understanding is that brand name beers (Black Tuesday, Anniversary etc) will still get wax while some on both side of the wax (currently waxed and currently nonwaxed) will get foil. The new line is coming online this week, so we'll know shortly what to expect.
Wait......which of their non-anniversary, non-BT (and BT variants) beers have wax at this point? Seems that most of their beers do not.

When you tell the whole story less jimmies are rustled though!

Since Stu and I started discussing grammar. (Though "talking" is colloquially used for discussion, it does actually refer to oral exchange.)

(And technically, this has devolved into a discussion of usage and not grammar.)

Prescriptivists are the worst. I had a prof who would consistently grade down for using split infinitives. Like anyone actually gives a ****.

Prescriptivists are the worst. I had a prof who would consistently grade down for using split infinitives. Like anyone actually gives a ****.
That's one of the Economists big style peeves, and I've seen it make a sentence completely unreadable. It's so ****ing dumb.

I'm a grammar descriptive (mostly), but I'm more is a usage prescriptivist. Word have definitions for a reason.

Back