Hey!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gowron's Crazy Eyes

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting started brewing small beers, low-alcohol stuff. I have no equipment currently, my budget is almost nonexistent so I need to make sure whatever I buy is genuinely needed and worth it. I'll have a look around and ask questions when I have them. Thanks for your time and see you around.

Welcome to HBT!

You should be able to get loads of tips from the folks here. Most of us started out just like you with a small budget.

A lot of the items in the standard kitchen can be used for brewing so equipment needs can be small. You can add to them as you brew a few batches and get an idea of what works.

Your biggest expense will be the ingredients. Start looking at what beer style you like. Don't jump into a recipe that's overly complicated with multiple steps. I always recommend a wheat beer as a good first timer.

Ask questions, keep good notes and enjoy your new hobby!

Welcome. If you haven’t already I’d recommend searching here and elsewhere on the web for BIAB (brew in a bag). It’s a method for brewing good beer with very little equipment costs. Best of luck, and ask questions. There’s a lot of great people here that are willing to help.

Start looking at what beer style you like.
That's going to be one of the harder parts... largely because I don't drink beer :D That's why I'm interested in the small beers or table beers - no interest in alcohol but I like the idea of drinkable bread. Odd reason to start, I know. That said I will absolutely look at wheat beers because even if I don't drink 'em I have friends that sure will.

Welcome. If you haven’t already I’d recommend searching here and elsewhere on the web for BIAB (brew in a bag).
Excellent, I'll give that a look!

The good news on low alcohol is that you will save a bit of money on ingredients, but the equipment will all cost the same, regardless of the ABV you end up with.

Not drinking beers and 'bread beer' is a taller order than I can help with, but not impossible. Good luck and post results (good or bad) on your fist brews. There are a small handful of small beer fans that would like to hear about it.

Latest posts

Back