Who's the Greatest Band EVER!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this question is like trying to name just ONE SONG as the best. too many to choose from and too many different styles

Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band. Still going strong and still making new tunes and still packing the biggest venues across the country after all these years.

BTW : Metallica= blech. Just my humble opinion.

Bernie Brewer said:
BTW : Metallica= blech. Just my humble opinion.

I think Ozzy sucks bad, but I refrain from badmouthing him because he's just been around so damn long..

There's no best band, there's no best song, there's no best beer. This may ruffle some feathers, but if you can pick just one in any of those categories, broaden your mind. There's too much talent in this world with too much variety for any one to be named best.

Old but true: Variety is the spice of life.

I think Ozzy sucks bad, but I refrain from badmouthing him because he's just been around so damn long..

Ozzy w/ Sabbath > Ozzy the commercialized $ whore.

And old

BarryManilowJpg.jpg

FTW ;)

What's TOOL? Nobody has the range of musical talent that Zepplin had. When you hear a Zepplin song you recognize it immediately. Their music has passed the longevity test, they are as popular today as they were 40 years ago when I bought my first Zepplin album.
Pink Floyd is a damn close second, with Black Sabbath right behind them.
My son is 27 and of course he feels differently-for him Black Sabbath is the greatest ever, Zepplin is next and Pink Floyd is in third place.

Sea said:
There's no best band, there's no best song, there's no best beer. This may ruffle some feathers, but if you can pick just one in any of those categories, broaden your mind. There's too much talent in this world with too much variety for any one to be named best.

Booooooooooooo!!!!! to your positive wisdom. My subjective tastes are WAY better than yours.

Lol ok this thread really is pointless, it's been mentioned by others but it just dawned on me. The Doors SUCK, everything they made after their debut album was rubbish with the exception of just a few tracks, and Robby Krieger is the worst guitarist in rock history. :D

I think I owe you an apology commonsense, you were ahead of the curve. There's no other direction this could have headed :cross:

Like I said in the OP....I was pretty well sauced when I started this thread...:drunk:

I love pointless drunk arugements about music, and sometime politics.

Anyways....TOOL tickets for the Boston show go on sale at noon today!

Sea said:

But i will continue to pretend this isn't the case!

bottlebomber said:

Well I did say that it was just my opinion. I wasn't berating others for liking them.

i got Zeppelin, but it doesnt say much considering im listening to The Shatner's New CD

The answer is Wilco.

No!! Wait, Dr Dog Definitely Dr. Dog.

Or, the Grateful Dead.

No! It's the Minutemen. Yes, Minutemen are the greatest ban... or the Beatles.

... uhm.

The Beatles. yes. The Beatl.. Wait! Sonic Youth!! YES!!!!

Sonic Youth. Final Answer.

or..

Pavement? I Like pavement. Or maybe Miles Davis.

Pavement or Miles Davis.... Pavement or...

The Clash! I know it was mentioned before....

The Clash are the best... band...

uhm, Did I mention Wilco?

Hmmmmm... hold on...

this could take a while...

A note about the blanket...

My first year away from home, I was at Camp Pendleton, CA in the Marine Corps. My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I said, "An AC/DC blanket." I traced out the letters and sent them to her. She came up with this. I've had it for 24 years.

A note about the blanket...

My first year away from home, I was at Camp Pendleton, CA in the Marine Corps. My mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I said, "An AC/DC blanket." I traced out the letters and sent them to her. She came up with this. I've had it for 24 years.

Sweet! :mug: I'm 41 and still get a kick out of hanging band posters on the wall. The difference between now and when I was younger? Some of them are in frames. hehehe

Someone commented earlier on Zep having a broad range of work. I love Zep, but you don't get more range (or awesome) than:

220px-TheClashLondonCallingalbumcover.jpg

wow...I'm new to the forum...but I cant believe it took 'til page 7 to get a Metallica vote!?!?
Zeppelin pretty high up on my list...so is Boston,VanHalen,AC/DC,Bad Company...and the list goes on...hard to choose depends on the mood at hand,or the one I'm trying to achieve...got close to 4000 titles on my mp3.

While I think some of the bands listed in this thread are good (except Tool), lets not go with who is your current favorite. We are talking about the "greatest band of ALL time". We have to look at who influenced a generation the most and who made the biggest impact. I think Iron Maiden(like them or not) probably influenced the new generation of rock the most with the melody. They bridged the 70's to the 80's, totaly different sound of rock. The Beatles certainly should have been listed, somewhere. Sabbath was just too dark and gloomy for the masses.

I still vote for Skynyrd though.

If your looking for a band or person that has influenced generations then you would have to put Ozzy in there. He started with Black Sabbath and then had a tremendous solo career.
The Beatles would probably be my vote for best of all time. Though I am not a giant fan of them, their music changed music into what it is today. Without them paving the way, bands like Tool, Rush, Skynyrd, etc may not be where they are today.

Speaking of Led Zeppelin, they're playing Song Remains the Same on Comcast/Palladia channel currently. Robert Plant's skinny jeans were a trendsetter before his time and yet still creep me out.

Music is awesome though. :)

Don't know if anyone mentioned him yet.. but Gary Moore... No contest IMO...
yeah, he's the guy all your guitar heroes mention if you ask 'them' this question....

RIP Gary.. This world is a less rockin' place without you....

Back