Who's the Greatest Band EVER!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1laskey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I get half in the bag and argue this with a buddy every time...so...we have this discussion a lot...I believe TOOL has everything thing your ears and more could ask for...he says Led Zeppelin....your thoughts?

....as... I listen to TOOL's version of No Quarter...also tickets for Boston's show go on sale on Sat at noon :rockin:...and just saw Maynard 2 weeks ago with Puscifer....sick

Silly argument, but I'm certainly not above it: The Clash gets my vote.

Sent from my Droid using Home Brew Talk

Worst ever? Really? Com'on. You have to think there could be worse votes!

when I think of "greatest" I think the first or innovator under those context I'd say Beatles,zep,sex pistols or any other band that originated or made popular a particular musical style.

Well, I couldn't have said it, but it others have. Thanks for giving me that tiny bit of credit.
The Clash is good to my ears, but it is a silly argument. No band covers all sounds you need. I am also a fan of jazz, which probably doesn't count in this argument.
Man, these are just drunkin ramblings!

Well, I couldn't have said it, but it others have. Thanks for giving me that tiny bit of credit.
The Clash is good to my ears, but it is a silly argument. No band covers all sounds you need. I am also a fan of jazz, which probably doesn't count in this argument.
Man, these are just drunkin ramblings!

Thanks...now you made me have to go back downstairs and pour another pint to continue pointless arguments...i will be right back :mug:

Tool. Nothing more to say. Except maybe puscifer and a perfect circle.

I'm sorry I mentioned jazz. Please continue. I won't bring it up again.
The Clash however...

+1 for Rush and Supertramp.

TOOL is fine although I've never been a fan (I probably should be, but oh well)

I would have to be Caught in a Web Under a Glass Moon to not mention Dream Theater of course.

Neal Morse era Spock's Beard?

The Flower Kings? (please, please, PLEASE lay off the side projects awhile and end the TFK hiatus)

Stones?

What has 7 arms and sucks?

Def Leppard! hahahaha!

The Clash is a great band, so is Tool and Rush. I enjoy maybe 2 Greatful Dead songs; the rest blow! My vote is for the Rolling Stones. (I love the White Stripes, they're in my top 5 but not the best)

Rod Stewart still tours and puts out albums all the time, yet hardly relevant.

Maynard is in at least 3 bands and arguably puts out more cutting edge sh*t than anyone else.

I kinda think comparing Rod Stewart to Tool is a bit of a joke...I hope.

I also think Nine Inch Nails could be the best band of all time, but Trent Reznor is probably irrelevant too.

I couldnt imagine naming just one! Tool, led zeppelin, nirvana, weezer, the beetles, rush...and f*ck it , i love blues, progressive jazz and progressive rock. Dream theater for the insane drum and guitar parts and jazz mandolin project for the same thing. There are too many dimentions to music to just pick one band or even just one genre.

Latest posts

Back