Halloween is coming... Try My "Hypno-Jack-O-Lantern"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broken Crow

Ale's what cures 'ya
Reaction score
Had a few drinks and feeling nostalgic... Prior to my injury, Halloween was my favourite night of the year. I used to decorate such that folk would come and take pictures. Kids loved my house.
My GF and I went to great lengths to make it memorable, as we both love the day and love to see kids enjoying what was a great time for us when we were that age. One of the best things I ever tried was very simple and if you like to watch kids react to your decorations; This one was "It" for me. On my porch and next to my door I put my largest Jack-O-Lantern, and watching one of the first kids to see it stop mid-sentance being drawn into it's gaze was just cool. You want a thick-skinned pumpkin. Crumple up tinfoil and spread it back out and line the inside of the pumpkin with it, then take any light socket you have on hand..my first one was a simple one-bulb plain ceiling fixture, wired with marr connectors to a cord poked through the back, and put a cheap black-light bulb in it. (the dim ones are the best)... It just looks 'purpley' from the street but for some reason, about half the people that stand next to it suddenly just turn and stare at it, seemingly completely forgetting like the first kid who saw it: "Trick or Tr........................".
Sorry I don't have pics... Just thought I'd share that for others to enjoy. Maybe you can try it and post pics. (I'm no longer able to do much and I lost my pics to a hard drive crash years ago and my brain-damage prevented me from recovering... I get a lot of my joy now vicariously and I Love Halloween.)

Back