Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomorrow's project

ForumRunner_20130216_204216.png

Finished a big ole batch of sausages yesterday. Got nearly 25 Lb smoked and cooled. Now I gotta seperate the links and vacuum bag them in portion sizes for the freezer. The wifes boss said they were great too.
Wheelchair Bob

Sure, it was quite simple really. Get your hands on a good quality pork belly (if you really want to beat commercial bacon, start with a better product.) Cure for around 7 days, depending on thickness. I used this cure http://frombellytobacon.com/2012/08/07/country-bacon/ and smoked over hickory at 210 until the meat hit 150.

I sliced it up last night and we fried a piece as a taste test. It's definitely salty, but wow it was really good.

This weekend, pork shoulder. KFC clone cole slaw, and beer. I am gonna inject the shoulder with some cajun butter. Its so simple, and I could really taste a difference at the end. No strong butter flavor at all.

Hehe the guest is taking me beer shopping... I really need to find a nice sour in their cellar room!!

I'm smoking six racks of ribs for tonight, 5 with my spicy dry rub and one for a friend who can't handle spicy food. The party is for her and her husband-they're moving from the spicy food of New Mexico to the spicy food of Baton Rouge

I may be popping my cherry. My GF got me a big green egg for valentines day and I think I'm doing a pork shoulder

I'm going to be doing two pork butts on my WSM this Sunday. Going to be almost 60 here in Ohio :rockin: Nice, after the 8 inches of snow we got two days ago.

Anyone have a favorite North Carolina Vinegar based sauce they like to use?

GREAT pic. I'm jealous of your wifi control and ceramic grate. I keep trying to talk myself into upgrading my digi-q to a wifi unit... sigh

I'm going to be doing two pork butts on my WSM this Sunday. Going to be almost 60 here in Ohio :rockin: Nice, after the 8 inches of snow we got two days ago.

Anyone have a favorite North Carolina Vinegar based sauce they like to use?

Apple cider vinegar, salt and black and red pepper. Done.

Slow smoking pork butt tomorrow for Sunday put the rub on it last night gonna throw some wings on Sunday should be good first time smoking in several months.

The warm temps (might get up to low 40s this weekend!) has me itching to smoke something, but our weekend is pretty busy. Sunday is open , but we thawed a turkey this past week and need to cook it on Sunday. I gotta go look up what a MOINK is!

Did a couple of turkey legs for our lunch

Jjypz1k.jpg

Since the grill was already going, I threw on some ABT's.

8vEmmXt.jpg

They were delicious with some rasperberry shack sauce

Picked up a nice pork butt to put in the smoker today, just gotta figure out when I'll be able to do it today

:mad:
2013-03-10%2008.38.43.jpg
put rub on this bad boy thursday night. started smoking it about 8:00 last night still slow smoking about 200 degrees. put some apple wedges in the water pan. sorry i thought i put pictures up but not sure how to post pics

I have 2 racks of baby backs and a 9 lb pork butt on right now. the WSM is holding at a good 225 degrees.

I put a pork butt on this morning and then some chicken drumsticks on at noon. Dinner in T-minus 2 hours!

Smoking an 8lb butt, brewing a pliny clone, all while smoking my tabaccy pipe. Needless to say this is a good day

We are having a non-traditional Easter gathering this weekend. Instead of brunch, I am smoking a couple of pork butts for dinner (one for the freezer). Yum!

I can never seem to smoke on the weekend.. always too busy doing stuff with the little fella. I did do two 9.5lb butts yesterday.

vD6Ie7u.jpg

15hrs on the smoker and a 3 hr rest in the cooler and it was dinner time!

ne665S9.jpg

35Q1vuh.jpg

Also did a can of bush's beans with half a can of SNPA added and simmered on the egg for 2hrs while the butts were resting.

VJxgQqO.jpg

Latest posts

Back