Who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be brewing BM's Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale this morning, but first I have to bottle 11 gallons, better get to work.:rockin:

Five o'clock on a Friday and you're already most of the way done. That just takes all the fun out of the anticipation of a weekend brew session. What are you going to do now? (or do you have a second in the works?)

Probably not going to get any time to brew this weekend, so I took advantage of a nice day and fired off on a brew day. Rugby match in DC today, so I'm getting ready to drive down with some of my mates now and won't be back home until late. :rockin:

Tomorrow's pretty tied up too, but I might manage. Need to brew more March Brown Mild! If I can't brew, I'll be doing brewing chores, no doubt. Got the Cascade, Willamette and Chinook in the ground the other day, thinking about adding a few more.

I'll be brewing at least 5 gallons, possibly 10, of my Rye Pale Ale. Should be a beautiful weekend to chill on the porch.

Gonna make 10 gallons of Cream Ale. On one 5 gallon batch I'll pitch safe-ale yeast. On the other I washed yeast from a batch of Grand Cru that I'll try out. Should be interesting. On another note, HBT is seriously the best home brewing resource I've ever come across. From buliding DIY to techniques I'm in love. Just throwin it out there.

My grains are steeping for my Birthday Brew. It will become a dark cherry stout when I am done. There is no better birthday present to yourself than brewing a great batch of beer. Kinda keeps the birthday going all year long!

Brewing up the BYO Celebration Ale Clone recipe from the hop lover's guide special edition. Ready to pull the first runnings now.

Just finished brewing my House Mild, verison 2.0.

Did it stove top - turned on the water at 7:30 am, back to bed, hot enough by 8:10. Piched yeast at noon.

6 gal. of all-grain and the rest of a sunny day to boot.

20 minutes into the boil of an oaked porter. I'm glad I didn't try a full boil with my 7g pot. The 4g of wort wanted to boil over badly :) My new ghetto-fabulous hop bag is a winner, though!

-Joe

Brewed up 5.5 gal of an AG Jamil's Flander's red ale. My first attempt at a sour beer. I'm going to try real hard to bulk age it for 12 months then bottle it in Belgian bottles or something. My plan is to bottle half a gallon of the unsoured beer and just sour 5 gallons so I can compare how the souring bugs change the flavor.

All went well and only missed my gravity by 2 points and FINALLY hit my intended volume of 5.5 gal in the fermenter. It was my 4th AG and I'm still dialing in my system.

Farking propane burner crapped out yesterday.:mad: I was mashing on the stove and waited until the last minute to light the burner for the sparge water...no fire...regulator leaking through diaphragm. Result was a 2-hour sacc rest while I ran to Home Depot...then to Lowes to get another one.

And of course the new one burns hotter so I was constantly trying to reduce the boil...and undershot my volume by almost a quart.

Well I got my 5-gallons of Rye IPA done Friday night and figured I'd be done for the weekend.

Neighbors came over last night after we went out to dinner and cleaned out my "Panzy Ale" (SWMBO's BMC beer) so I might have to measure out and brew again today.

Just mashed in an Arrogant Bastard clone. This will be my biggest beer yet. Also my first time using my new MLT that I finished building last night. :ban:

Just finished cleaning up from brewing 20 gallons; 10 Amber Ale pitched with 05 and 10 gallons Bee Cave Pale Ale.
Hit both gravities.
Flame on @ noon; flame out 6 pm.
A glorious day, indeed!

I did a batch of hefeweizen last night - used a starter made from harvested yeast that had been in the fridge for 11 months. Fired right up and happily bubbling.

The reinforcements showed up Friday night for the Guinness Clone brewing and helped empty some bottles. Some friends came for dinner and helped empty some more bottles last night and a neighbor helped with a few more this afternoon :D :tank: :D.

Hence I have enough empty bottles to continue my brewing weekend tonight as I bottle my first AG brew from three weeks ago. Just tasted the gravity sample and I'm pleased to report that it is beer.

Ah. We're all sick again this week. Can't shake it! Everyone in the house is on anti-biotics, except me, and I think I should have been last week. But I'm getting over it and the only thing I could do was read the catalogs and dream up my next brew. Well, I did transfer my 2-week-old IPA to the secondary in anticipation of the hops arriving later this week. And I played with removing the paint from the 8oz Coke bottles I want to use to bottle my Barleywine (nail polish remover worked pretty good, but it didn't work on the Dr. Pepper bottles...)

Next weekend I hope to make a Cream ale to get ready for spring, which is right around the corner.

Brewing tonight after work! 5 gallons of March Brown Mild on deck, unless I change my mind and go with an Alt (which has been known to happen).

:rockin:

Back