Who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzamba

Reaction score
I'm gonna try a batch of APA this weekend if SWMBO doesn't kill me after my last disaster.

Brewing up some Dirty blonde skank tommorow.gotta have plenty ready for the spring:mug:

SWMBO works 2pm-10pm on sundays so those are my brew days. Im gona make up another batch of Bee Cave Brewery Pale Ale since my last batch just kicked.

I was planning on brewing one of my kits from Austin Home Brew but its been a week and my order still has not shipped:-( Guess I will have to just drink this weekend damn it! :tank:

I was planning on brewing one of my kits from Austin Home Brew but its been a week and my order still has not shipped:-( Guess I will have to just drink this weekend damn it! :tank:

hey, me too!

I'll be bottling my first batch this weekend and also making a batch of edworts apfelwein. As soon as some ingredients and another primary come from AHS I'll be making a summer ale

I have a busy brewing weekend.

1. Bottle Dirty Blonde Ale
2. Bottle Whose your Taddy Porter
3. Rack American Wheat to Secondary
4. Wash Yeast from Wheat Beer
5. Brew up Easy Blond Ale and perhaps brew up the O Dell's 90 Shilling Clone I have been waiting to do.
6. Clean and de label about 2 or 3 cases of bottles.

I just started mine, a honey blond from AHS, I am going to add some orange zest to change it a bit. I have made it before just from the recipe and it is good.

Just bottled my English IPA and am drinking a flat, but excellent, pint right now. Only 1:30 pm in Vangroovy, but it's 5 pm somewhere.

Also put Timothy Taylor Landlord clone in secondary - yeasty, but also tasty. Very impressed with Wyeast 1318 for English beers.

So tempted to brew tomorrow, but laziness might win this time.

Not only am I going to brew Jamil's Cerveza de Malto Seca tonight, but I have to drink enough to be able to bottle my first AG brew from three weeks ago.

May have to call in reinforcements for this effort :tank:.

What is the Recipe?

PM
6 lbs. american 2row
1 lbs. crystal 10l
7 lbs. super light LME
1 oz. cascade @ 60
.5 oz halerrtau @ 30
.5 oz halllertau @ flameout

Irish moss
Safeale-04

I was gonna make mt BMC drinkin friend a "Bud" like beer but that didn't happen so I made this.And it's Awesome for such a simple recipe.
Comes out dirty Blonde and at 9 abv. It F's your head like a $2 skank.

Racking my ESB tonight, washing the yeast and using some of it to do an oaked porter tomorrow.

Likely trying my first full boil, too. Whee!

-Joe

I think I'm going to do some kegging and bottling this weekend. I've got 10 gallons of cream ale in fermenters that needs to go to keg. Plus I want to get some of my copper ale in bottles for traveling to visit some family.

Big Ben Pale Ale and Amarillo Pale Ale (both kits from Midwest Supplies). Got my brother involved in this process with me and he picked the BBPA. Looking forward to a great brewing day on Sunday!

I'm taking my first run at a Hard Cider on Sunday, and I'll be bottling my Pilsner either Sunday or Monday night.

After a minor yeast set back earlier this week, I got my starter ramped up and ready to roll. Finally gonna pull the trigger and brew a saison. Can't wait to see how this one turns out! I'll also be kegging this weekend if I can free one up. Better get drinking I guess! Cheers all!

Going to brew an English Brown Ale on Sunday and I'll be kegging an IPA.

Sort of, Heart of the Valley is having a "group brew" at OSU Fermentation Sciences on Sunday. 80 gallons Biere de Garde with a decoction mash. Should be very informative and since they can't ferment it there, we take the wort home!

Starts at 8 a.m.

Im gonna try a Cherry Wheat this weekend., as a matter of fact, why dont I plug the thread I made about it now? :D Im asking for recipe suggestions in the Recipe forum.. thanks!

8 gallons pre-boil coming up to a boil now.
Five o'clock on a Friday and you're already most of the way done. That just takes all the fun out of the anticipation of a weekend brew session. What are you going to do now? (or do you have a second in the works?)

For me it's a Saison. No stir plate, so the starters been getting a lot of attention today. Wife came home with a lazy susan from a yard sale. "I can use that." Give it a few spins every time I pass.

My local club and I are brewing up 55 gallons of a Robust porter this weekend. We will secondary all the brew in a 55 gallon oak whiskey barrel. Yummmm!

been a busy week here already. Tuesday i cleaned about 2.5 cases of various sizes bottles (12 and 22 oz), wednesday i bottled a cider, tomorrow i'm brewing an AHS Amber Ale, and in a few days i'm bottling a AHS belgian wit.

And right now i'm looking for what to order from AHS next.

i love the spring time...

This morning I brewed up a Carmel apple hard cider. Tonight I plan on racking a blonde ale to secondary. Sunday I plan to brew another blonde ale of a recipe I made up.

I've got a yeast cake waiting for a belgian tripel...was going to brew tonight by HWMBC isn't home from work yet! Got mad the last time I started without him.

tick
tick
check watch
tick

Wife came home with a lazy susan from a yard sale. "I can use that." Give it a few spins every time I pass.
lol...love it...lazy brewsan.

I've got a yeast cake waiting for a belgian tripel...
I just kegged a pre-Triple (Enkle I guess) and am using the yeast for a Tripel tomorrow. 12# of Belg Pils, 1.5# sugar and lotsa Trappist yeast.:mug:

i've only done a couple brews so far. i've done a bunch of apfelwein. magic hat#9, imperial stout, mild ale. not sure what to do next maybe, delirium tremens, dogfishhead 120, sweaty betty clone. any suggestions?

I've got a yeast cake waiting for a belgian tripel...was going to brew tonight by HWMBC isn't home from work yet! Got mad the last time I started without him.

tick
tick
check watch
tick

HWMBC... He who must be consulted? Nice.

Alright, nobody has posted to this forum since before 9 pm. Anybody else finish brewing tonight or are you all passed out?

I started at 8 when the reinforcements showed up. We polished off a few bottles of a pretty nice hefeweizen I made 5-6 weeks ago and sampled a stout as well from late January.

Finished at 12:30, cleanup included. Hit all my mash temperatures spot on thanks to Beersmith and my OG was right on at 1.046 according to Jamil's recipe.

I love the smell of boiling wort in the evening. It smells like VICTORY!

Booyah!

Back