Who's brewing this weekend?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

jagg

Reaction score
Will be brewing BM's Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale this morning, but first I have to bottle 11 gallons, better get to work.:rockin:

flyangler18

Reaction score
Five o'clock on a Friday and you're already most of the way done. That just takes all the fun out of the anticipation of a weekend brew session. What are you going to do now? (or do you have a second in the works?)
Probably not going to get any time to brew this weekend, so I took advantage of a nice day and fired off on a brew day. Rugby match in DC today, so I'm getting ready to drive down with some of my mates now and won't be back home until late. :rockin:

Tomorrow's pretty tied up too, but I might manage. Need to brew more March Brown Mild! If I can't brew, I'll be doing brewing chores, no doubt. Got the Cascade, Willamette and Chinook in the ground the other day, thinking about adding a few more.

Chello

Reaction score
I'll be brewing at least 5 gallons, possibly 10, of my Rye Pale Ale. Should be a beautiful weekend to chill on the porch.

stokems

Reaction score
Gonna make 10 gallons of Cream Ale. On one 5 gallon batch I'll pitch safe-ale yeast. On the other I washed yeast from a batch of Grand Cru that I'll try out. Should be interesting. On another note, HBT is seriously the best home brewing resource I've ever come across. From buliding DIY to techniques I'm in love. Just throwin it out there.

LaurieGator

Reaction score
My grains are steeping for my Birthday Brew. It will become a dark cherry stout when I am done. There is no better birthday present to yourself than brewing a great batch of beer. Kinda keeps the birthday going all year long!

drunkatuw

Reaction score
Brewing up the BYO Celebration Ale Clone recipe from the hop lover's guide special edition. Ready to pull the first runnings now.

Nugent

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished brewing my House Mild, verison 2.0.

Did it stove top - turned on the water at 7:30 am, back to bed, hot enough by 8:10. Piched yeast at noon.

6 gal. of all-grain and the rest of a sunny day to boot.

nostalgia

Reaction score
20 minutes into the boil of an oaked porter. I'm glad I didn't try a full boil with my 7g pot. The 4g of wort wanted to boil over badly :) My new ghetto-fabulous hop bag is a winner, though!

-Joe

cellardoor

Reaction score
Brewed up 5.5 gal of an AG Jamil's Flander's red ale. My first attempt at a sour beer. I'm going to try real hard to bulk age it for 12 months then bottle it in Belgian bottles or something. My plan is to bottle half a gallon of the unsoured beer and just sour 5 gallons so I can compare how the souring bugs change the flavor.

All went well and only missed my gravity by 2 points and FINALLY hit my intended volume of 5.5 gal in the fermenter. It was my 4th AG and I'm still dialing in my system.

harley03

Reaction score
I just got done doing a AG cream ale. Starting to work on some new summer brews. :mug:

SpanishCastleAle

Reaction score
Farking propane burner crapped out yesterday.:mad: I was mashing on the stove and waited until the last minute to light the burner for the sparge water...no fire...regulator leaking through diaphragm. Result was a 2-hour sacc rest while I ran to Home Depot...then to Lowes to get another one.

And of course the new one burns hotter so I was constantly trying to reduce the boil...and undershot my volume by almost a quart.

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well I got my 5-gallons of Rye IPA done Friday night and figured I'd be done for the weekend.

Neighbors came over last night after we went out to dinner and cleaned out my "Panzy Ale" (SWMBO's BMC beer) so I might have to measure out and brew again today.

Yankeehillbrewer

Reaction score
Just mashed in an Arrogant Bastard clone. This will be my biggest beer yet. Also my first time using my new MLT that I finished building last night. :ban:

Hugh_Jass

Reaction score
Just finished cleaning up from brewing 20 gallons; 10 Amber Ale pitched with 05 and 10 gallons Bee Cave Pale Ale.
Hit both gravities.
Flame on @ noon; flame out 6 pm.
A glorious day, indeed!

cclloyd

Reaction score
I did a batch of hefeweizen last night - used a starter made from harvested yeast that had been in the fridge for 11 months. Fired right up and happily bubbling.

ottobrew

Reaction score
Just finished 5 gallons of an APA. OG is a little high, but we'll see what happens.

cytokine

Reaction score
The reinforcements showed up Friday night for the Guinness Clone brewing and helped empty some bottles. Some friends came for dinner and helped empty some more bottles last night and a neighbor helped with a few more this afternoon :D :tank: :D.

Hence I have enough empty bottles to continue my brewing weekend tonight as I bottle my first AG brew from three weeks ago. Just tasted the gravity sample and I'm pleased to report that it is beer.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ah. We're all sick again this week. Can't shake it! Everyone in the house is on anti-biotics, except me, and I think I should have been last week. But I'm getting over it and the only thing I could do was read the catalogs and dream up my next brew. Well, I did transfer my 2-week-old IPA to the secondary in anticipation of the hops arriving later this week. And I played with removing the paint from the 8oz Coke bottles I want to use to bottle my Barleywine (nail polish remover worked pretty good, but it didn't work on the Dr. Pepper bottles...)

Next weekend I hope to make a Cream ale to get ready for spring, which is right around the corner.

flyangler18

Reaction score
Brewing tonight after work! 5 gallons of March Brown Mild on deck, unless I change my mind and go with an Alt (which has been known to happen).

:rockin: