Who is brewing on Long Island?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So anyone brewing anything they more than enjoy lately?
Any new additions to your home brewery you want to share that are working out?
Do you modify our water profile at all? And if so what styles and why do you tweak it and have you seen a benefit?
Curious do you have an abv zone you like you keep things within?
What are your motivations for brewing?
What is the one thing you wish you could improve in your beer?

I do correct the water. Been doing for 2 or 3 years now. I started with the SCWA reports (I’m in zone 1) and got it tested at ward about 18 months ago. I think the biggest difference was my efficiency got a lot more stable by adjusting for mash pH. Can’t say I’ve done any with/without comparisons but i’d say it’s worth it for a 45 dollar test and 10/20 bucks of salts. Brunwater looks intimidating but it’s really not that bad.

I brewed two imperial stouts a couple months ago and have an neipa carbing up now.

The first imperial was supposed to be an American stout but i undershot my mash temp, and overshot my efficiency and overshot my boil off (new blichman hellfire from Xmas) So what was supposed to be 6.5% ended up closer to 8.5. Still came out pretty solid, and I might try building it up a bit into an imperial start to finish next year. Finished at 1.012, which seems dry but it was decent. Bottled that off with another new toy, the tap cooler, and got 15 12oz of that left (started with 4 gallons, clearly liked it more than I realized)

The other one was a founders breakfast clone I’ve done a few times for my wife now. I use cocoa husk in the mash (this came from Hawaii many years ago) and it gives a really solid chocolate flavor. It also gets cocoa nibs and dry beaned with coffee. It’s ready to go now but I’ll probably bottle it off. My wife is expecting in 3 weeks now (it’ll be our third). Amusingly last time I made this exact version was just before my second was born 2 years ago.

The neipa is Citra Ans Vic secret, hit my mash temps and efficiencies but the A24 starter I used chewed thru it. Another 6.5 target is 7.3 now. Also on the dry side 1.010 for a hazy but actually early samples don’t seem it at all. This is the second beer in a series, the first was 50% oats and now this is 50% wheat (actually only 45). I don’t dry hop during active at all, and even dry hopped at 60 this go around (2x. 4oz each split even between the hops above) And it still has a solid hop bite likely from the extra polyphenols. Giving it its two weeks of set snd forget carbing hoping to clear that out a bit.

Despite these bigger beers recently I prefer lighter beers around 5 so I can have a couple. Next beer you is a 4.5% bitter using amarillo and some old imperial A05 voyager that I last harvested 5/4/2019, yep it’s almost two years old. I’ve had good success with overbuilding starters And harvesting that. This was 85b cells collected in 400ml that’s been sitting in the back of my top shelf of the fridge this whole time.

After that, pending this baby showing up will be a classic American Pilsner based off Rheingold. My wife’s great grandfather was a salesman back in the 50s and 60s and the two tap handles on my keezer are both rheingold from around that time.

@BeerFst
Were you not PH'ing before the water report? An increase in efficiency is always nice but I am more curious did your flavor profile seem to change once you modified the water? I like my flavor but I am curious as to what others are doing.

"I use cocoa husk in the mash (this came from Hawaii many years ago) and it gives a really solid chocolate flavor."
I will have to try this as I have never been happy with my chocolate flavors and I have tried nibs, extract, syrup, powder and never get what I want.

but the A24 starter I used chewed thru it - Because it's a blend and the A20 is a wild saccharomyces and is pretty aggressive
Same yeast I use for my NEIPA's it's great stuff I also use the A20 sometimes and really like that as well

I also find I prefer my beers around 5% I want to enjoy them and my tomorrow as well

Congrats on expanding your family :thumbsup:

@BeerFst
Were you not PH'ing before the water report? An increase in efficiency is always nice but I am more curious did your flavor profile seem to change once you modified the water? I like my flavor but I am curious as to what others are doing.

"I use cocoa husk in the mash (this came from Hawaii many years ago) and it gives a really solid chocolate flavor."
I will have to try this as I have never been happy with my chocolate flavors and I have tried nibs, extract, syrup, powder and never get what I want.

but the A24 starter I used chewed thru it - Because it's a blend and the A20 is a wild saccharomyces and is pretty aggressive
Same yeast I use for my NEIPA's it's great stuff I also use the A20 sometimes and really like that as well

I also find I prefer my beers around 5% I want to enjoy them and my tomorrow as well

Congrats on expanding your family :thumbsup:

Thanks!

The weird thing is the last two times I used the A24, this was gen 3, it didn’t come close to that attenuation. The oat one actually stopped at 1.024. This beer this year was from the same pouch.

I was not adjusting at all before I started reviewing the scwa site. I’ve definitely overdone the minerals and been able to taste it. That was one of my first hazies that I I missed mash temp and also over attenuated. It was the fort point pale ale clone from byo and the dry beer plus extra sulfate that trillium called out just didn’t work at all.

At the same time I started doing my water I switched to fermenting in kegs, closed transfers, and using starters, so there were a lot of changes all at once and hard to target.

Below is the water in at my house in Patchogue (zone 1). It’s pretty neutral though a little hard.

Attachments

• 5A0AED0A-12BB-44B2-8BBA-4BCBB10F3FA4.jpeg
    5A0AED0A-12BB-44B2-8BBA-4BCBB10F3FA4.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 12
I'm working on pilsners, they're alright, but I want great.
I've also cut down my batch size. I have two 2.5gal and two 3gal kegs. Smaller batches are less work and allow me to brew more often.

@OG-wan Kenobi

Most of my brewery upgrades over past 18 months have been mods to my Spike unitank fermentor. There are so many options and I keep trying new things especially with respect to oxygen avoiding dry hopping techniques and closed transfers.

You ask about water...I do always adjust my water. I use beersmith and set profile according to a handful of styles and treat accordingly. My Port Jefferson water is quite soft and almost always benefits from some combination of gypsum, epsom, and CaCl2. Light colored beers normally also need acid and I brew mainly light colored beers.

The improvements I am looking for is the right balance between classic American IPA and more modern styles. I want big hop character but not really juicy. A blast of hops in your face. Hop flavors including spectrum of resin, dank, pine, with citrus and tropical fruit too, and enough bitterness to be unambiguously an adult beverage not looking for alcoholic SunnyD. Of course yeast and malt are also important but I do tend to stick with reharvested Chico yeast and simple mostly base malt grain bills. I stick in the ABV range of 5-7%.

Getting that balance just right is a journey not a destination. My motivation is I enjoy the journey.

@eric19312
Those Spike unitanks are sweet have you seen the new Brewbuilt ones? The pro is a bit pricey but it seems like the perfect fermenter. I use anvil stainless bucket fermenters as that is what my budget allows.

I hear you on the "hybrid IPA" that thought has crossed my mind several times it is not as easy as it sounds it's a major balancing act that spans several aspects/ingredients of the beer itself.

I got into this game with around 80% of what I was making being IPA's and now I find myself only making them here and there the last year as my taste seemed to have changed and I am going for lighter crisp but full flavored beers.

My motivation is to just keep making beer that I love

@eric19312
Those Spike unitanks are sweet have you seen the new Brewbuilt ones? The pro is a bit pricey but it seems like the perfect fermenter. I use anvil stainless bucket fermenters as that is what my budget allows.

We had a pretty good debate of the Spike vs Brewbuilt in this thread: Spike CF5 vs Brewbuilt X1 Unti-Tank

Pretty similar but the Spike has an extra port on the body and a racking arm. Now the Spike has two more ports on the lid. It's a pity they didn't make one of the new lid ports at least 2".

No idea they had opened a brick and mortar, thats good info. I've only had chromatic, which alright, nothing ground breaking. but still worth checking out.

I went to PCB the other weekend to grab some crowlers. The spot is phenomenal, tons of windows with bright light and the deck on the river is super neat. Tap room experience is probably the best of the breweries in Riverhead. Jamesport, I suppose is up there, cause it is all outside, though not quite in downtown. I was just in and out to get beers, as I'm not really one for sitting a table without a mask, but I'd probably go there once we are over all this.

I had the dream girl IPA and the Hither Pils. They don't seem like a brewery that is going to change their offerings on a regular basis (again similar to Jamesport). they will have their seasonals, but that seems to be about it. I'd be happy to be wrong about that though.

Dream Girl was more of a pale ale in my mind. Not that it claims to be a west coast IPA anyway, but it had a decent amount of maltiness, probably from a solid amount of caramel. I didnt really pick up on the eldorado or simcoe, just generic, slight fruitiness. Not as malty as rows and hoes (to continue the comparison) but nothing poppy like moustache would put out.

The Hither Pils was a lager, but definitely not crisp or punchy. it was more of a light beer for the sake of being a light beer.

I'd definitely stop down there again to try the double IPA (dis-orient-ed, love the name), and their other offerings.

I stopped by PCB last week for a quite bite and some beers with my wife.

The owner, Jeff saw my Instagram post and found me to come say hello and introduce himself.

Love the spot. Love the layout.

Food was REALLY good, caught me off guard actually.

I had the Hazy, and Dream Girl

My wife had the Stout and the Belgian Witt

We sampled four others in a flight:

Disoriented DIPA
Amber Lager
Star Gazer Orange Blossom Pale
Golden Ale

Honestly, I really liked everything I tried. The hazy was extremely good and the Dream Girl was phenomenal.

Also I’m in the process of finishing my basement. Added plumbing for a sink, and a pot filler.

Also added a ton of outlets in the brew space and ran 240v for my Anvil but oversized the wire for 30 amps so I can upgrade eventually.

D4D78800-B9CA-413E-B394-1D04A3212A8A.jpeg

C932E882-9086-4F02-BB77-2B962E51E71F.jpeg

Honestly I am not surprised Moustache closed it was out of the way and the beers I tried the 2 times I went there were very boring not bad but I cannot remember a single one but I do remember feeling disappointed, the only reason I went the second time was because Long Ireland was closed and I figured why not. Not that you ever want to see someone lose what they worked hard for it's a horrible thing when that happens. I have never tried übergeek beer however "As for the beer itself, Raffa has long had a passion for experimentation" I think this is what that location needs as long as it's producing a quality product it gives you a reason to go for something unique if they do indeed go this direction. I am looking forward to giving the new owner a fair shot he is already very familiar with the equipment so he should be good to go on day 1 I would think.

Honestly I am not surprised Moustache closed it was out of the way and the beers I tried the 2 times I went there were very boring not bad but I cannot remember a single one but I do remember feeling disappointed, the only reason I went the second time was because Long Ireland was closed and I figured why not. Not that you ever want to see someone lose what they worked hard for it's a horrible thing when that happens. I have never tried übergeek beer however "As for the beer itself, Raffa has long had a passion for experimentation" I think this is what that location needs as long as it's producing a quality product it gives you a reason to go for something unique if they do indeed go this direction. I am looking forward to giving the new owner a fair shot he is already very familiar with the equipment so he should be good to go on day 1 I would think.

I’ll actually miss them. Of all the riverhead breweries that’s where we we went most often. Balor is good but I could copy paste your post and just replace long Ireland for my tastes. I really enjoyed the spot before expansion and it’s clearly what put them under. I started going there from day one and they were all about slow growth. Starting with one barrel pots they later upgraded. Putting their conicals in giant stand freezers instead of glycol. But then when they got the opportunity to pull in all 4 units they took too much debt.

I’m more of a hop head but their marzen/octoberfest was pretty great. Their early ipas suffered from being overly bitter (except it worked for sailor mouth) but more recently I quite enjoyed them. They weren’t otherhalf by any means though.

Every mans Porter is pretty solid too.

I’m excited for ubergeek to have more variety. I haven’t tried their distro stuff but looking forward to variety and maybe stopping this weekend

I’ll actually miss them. Of all the riverhead breweries that’s where we we went most often. Balor is good but I could copy paste your post and just replace long Ireland for my tastes. I really enjoyed the spot before expansion and it’s clearly what put them under. I started going there from day one and they were all about slow growth. Starting with one barrel pots they later upgraded. Putting their conicals in giant stand freezers instead of glycol. But then when they got the opportunity to pull in all 4 units they took too much debt.

I’m more of a hop head but their marzen/octoberfest was pretty great. Their early ipas suffered from being overly bitter (except it worked for sailor mouth) but more recently I quite enjoyed them. They weren’t otherhalf by any means though.

Every mans Porter is pretty solid too.

I’m excited for ubergeek to have more variety. I haven’t tried their distro stuff but looking forward to variety and maybe stopping this weekend

Well taste is subjective and we are all different, I dont recall a single beer they served me I just remember leaving to go home for beer I enjoyed more (the memory is burned into my brain X 2) although the place was a nice looking brewery I must say.

Balor is why I like Long Ireland it's a simple IPA but it works, I also like the bread profile I pick up in the Celtic. I usually go to Long Ireland when I go to Maple Tree BBQ around the corner it's not a place I go to just to go but I like to stop in for a quick beer on my way home as it's not around the corner from me.

And if they opened on a 1 barrel system that was a very bad idea!!!!

I am open minded for Ubergeek as I have never tasted their beer and I hope it's good stuff

[QUOTE="OG-wan Kenobi, post: 9087988, member: 259579”

And if they opened on a 1 barrel system that was a very bad idea!!!!

I am open minded for Ubergeek as I have never tasted their beer and I hope it's goo
[/QUOTE]

Yeah we’re on the same page on subjectivity, that was my intent of the first part.

Moustache started very small and kept their cost down. I don’t think they took in much debt at first and so it worked out well. I never enjoyed the new taproom, felt too dark and didn’t have the charm of the original.

The guys at ling Ireland interned at New England brew or worked there and I think balor is based off fuzzy baby ducks. Both being heavily if not only citra.

Anyway we’re on the same page about ubergeek looking forward to it

Should I drink it or sell it?
Not really Homebrew related.

I’m retiring from NYPD on April 30th After 22 yrs I scored a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23 yr bourbon For 280 bucks (msrp) from a guy at a liquor store who was clueless and was probably immediately fired around ten years ago. I can probably get 3 grand for it but I have been looking at it everyday for ten years along with everyone else that comes to my house asking when I was gonna open it. Leaning towards drinking it since I will never be able to buy a bottle again. What would u do? I love bourbon by the way. But would also love to upgrade to stainless conicals and a glycol chiller ( they will always be around to buy). Tell me I’m not crazy for drinking a 3k bottle.

I’m retiring from NYPD on April 30th After 22 yrs I scored a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23 yr bourbon For 280 bucks (msrp) from a guy at a liquor store who was clueless and was probably immediately fired around ten years ago. I can probably get 3 grand for it but I have been looking at it everyday for ten years along with everyone else that comes to my house asking when I was gonna open it. Leaning towards drinking it since I will never be able to buy a bottle again. What would u do? I love bourbon by the way. But would also love to upgrade to stainless conicals and a glycol chiller ( they will always be around to buy). Tell me I’m not crazy for drinking a 3k bottle.

Drink it.

After a career like yours it’s bitter sweet.

Use your time, watch your six.

Get home. Crack that bottle, have a cigar and enjoy retirement my friend.

🍻👍

Your not crazy it’s your bottle you do with it what you please.

I am also a bourbon man 4 Roses single barrel tends to be my favorite and it’s a $45 bottle now for me it is very hard to imagine a bourbon worth 60 bottles of that wonderful product however as you said it is a once in a lifetime grab. Now I hear Pappy tends to be very oaky if I were you I would do some homework on the reviews out there and see what if it sounds like a whiskey experience that’s worth wild to you or sell it to a collector and use the profits for something that will make you happier than a bottle of bourbon. Only you can decide the fate of that bottle.

Thanks for your service, enjoy your retirement. (Retired 11 years here, 6 years USCG, 6 years NYPD, 16 years OBCPD)
My inclination is to say drink it, but OG-w-k makes a good point. Is there some $3k present out there that you would like to give yourself? My only comparable stories are a $250 bottle of scotch I was gifted and a tradable beer. The scotch sat on the shelf for years until a relative asked about it on Easter. We opened it then and had drinks every year until it was gone. No regrets. The beer was a limited I bought to trade, the trade fell through. Demand for it went up over the next couple of years, but I eventually shared it with friends. We were unimpressed. If you decide to drink it, invite some people that will really appreciate it, maybe former colleagues or a whiskey aficionado. Whatever you decide, roll with it and don't look back!

Tweeds in riverhead has every year for 70 Dollars an oz last time I was there so that’s an option as well. I Also heard it is very very oaky Everyone seems to say the 15 yr is the best. $28 dollar Elijah Craig is my go to.

Drink it, savor it, bring it out for special occasions and enjoy it for a couple years. You can always save up for equipment, but it sounds like you wouldn’t “pull the trigger” (pardon the pun) on the bourbon at full price. Enjoy your retirement. If you sell it, would you always wonder how it tasted?

My father in law is a big wine guy. Got into it back in the 70s in California and ended up collecting some nice bottles. At a small retirement celebration dinner around early 1990s at restaurant in Napa Valley he brought his prize bottle a 1945 Chateau Lafite Rothschild. He had had it about 12 years, once took it to a wine shop when the distributor came around for a recorking. I think about 10 of us shared that night it was absolutely fantastic. Made his evening that it lived up to the hype.

Good memory 30 years later.

@mike neff

FYI
You are now morally obligated to let us know what you do with the bottle as I think most of us who are active in the area have responded ;)

And at $28 I agree the Elijah Craig small batch is solid whiskey when I want those vanilla notes it happens to be on my shelf now, I rotate it with Jim Beam Double Oak. Another solid choice at that price point would be Evan Williams bottled in bond or Wild Turkey 101.

$70 an ounce sounds expensive but it is still cheaper than the $3000 a bottle mark

Also it looks like that bottle may be going for more than $3000 if it is the 23 year

I recommend that you get a copy of Pappyland: A story of Family, Fine Bourbon, and Things That Last by Wright Thompson, and after you decide to open the bottle, settle in your favorite chair, pour a glass and enjoy the two in contemplation of the history in that liquid.

Cheers.

@mike neff

FYI
You are now morally obligated to let us know what you do with the bottle as I think most of us who are active in the area have responded ;)

And at $28 I agree the Elijah Craig small batch is solid whiskey when I want those vanilla notes it happens to be on my shelf now, I rotate it with Jim Beam Double Oak. Another solid choice at that price point would be Evan Williams bottled in bond or Wild Turkey 101.

$70 an ounce sounds expensive but it is still cheaper than the $3000 a bottle mark

Also it looks like that bottle may be going for more than $3000 if it is the 23 year
F it I’m gonna drink it. Everyone I know surprisingly wife included told me to open it , assuming they want to try lol. Thanks for the feedback it good to have some independent opinions. I’ll report back when I try. For years I’ve walked past this and the nights when I may have a few too many I’m impressed with myself for not opening it. Lol. Few weeks to go
D2C1141C-BB7A-446E-89B2-28831BEC4AE2.jpeg

Anyhow back to brewing!

Taking a break from building the basement because my body is rebelling (and waiting for spackle guy 😁 - finally convinced my wife it’s the best choice) and I’m brewing Sunday.

Built my first starter of A38 Juice, brewing a Hazy IPA tomorrow.

Last Night
3AE23CEF-33E7-4B5B-86EC-22603A9E62BE.jpeg

This morning
74755252-5017-410E-8285-6D0715ADD818.jpeg

Doing my first NEIPA this week. I’ve been posting in the NEIPA thread. A few hiccups so far but most turned ok. It’s really muddy looking right now, I’m going to take it off pressure (and use a blow off tube) as I have it about 67* and dry hoped it Thursday. I will however pressure transfer it to the keg next week to finish

0176CA71-EF46-46E9-95EC-F68AAF0B747D.jpeg

F it I’m gonna drink it. Everyone I know surprisingly wife included told me to open it , assuming they want to try lol. Thanks for the feedback it good to have some independent opinions. I’ll report back when I try. For years I’ve walked past this and the nights when I may have a few too many I’m impressed with myself for not opening it. Lol. Few weeks to goView attachment 725215

Enjoy
:yes:

Doing my first NEIPA this week. I’ve been posting in the NEIPA thread. A few hiccups so far but most turned ok. It’s really muddy looking right now, I’m going to take it off pressure (and use a blow off tube) as I have it about 67* and dry hoped it Thursday. I will however pressure transfer it to the keg next week to finish

View attachment 725261

Why sketch to blow off if you’ve had it sounded up til now? Why not just leave it?

Why sketch to blow off if you’ve had it sounded up til now? Why not just leave it?

the 48 hours under pressure was a stop gap move.

My original plan was to not to pressure ferment. I’m move familiar to classic temp controlled ferments/aging. This being my first brew in the FerMonster with the ball lock fittings there were hiccups, including one of the ball locks not fitting properly and my basement swinging from 70* to 56* overnight on brew day with that huge weather swing earlier in the week. So day 2 I saw no fermentation activity. Wanting to wake up the yeast I moved it upstairs but the was already mid 70’s and a new (properly calibrated) pressure gauge for the spunding kit arrived, so I put it on pressure to protect it from over heating.

I freed up the mini fridge and set it for 65 - 67*. I thought (lacking proper education on pressure fermenting) that the pressure with cooler temps might be be too much stress on the yeast and rather than guess at what temp to pressure ferment, just go back to the original plan in which I was confident.

It was basically close to a coin flip and I went with my comfort zone.

So one thing I am curious to see, My recipe originally called for three dry hop schedule. I was talked out of it and urged to do a single dry hop, which I did, However , being thrown off by the delay waking up the yeast, I may have dry hopped a bit early, while the yeast was still very active. I mY have made a bitter grass smoothie. We’ll see.

in any case, I plan on doing a postmortem on this one and get right back incorporating what I learned. Asuuming I like NEIPAs ( never tried one).

Kedco and Northport Hardware closed today and tomorrow. I should have checked first and then changed my schedule yesterday to pick up ingredients for a rainy Sunday brew day.

Kedco and Northport Hardware closed today and tomorrow. I should have checked first and then changed my schedule yesterday to pick up ingredients for a rainy Sunday brew day.

More beer seems to be back on track with their 2 day shipping from PA ....... not that it helps you today but if you order during the week your good for the weekend. I ordered on Wednesday night, had it yesterday and fired up my Brewzilla 20 minutes ago and am making a coffee blonde as I type this and never even spent a nickel on gas.

Agway in riverhead has a decent homebrew aisle, not as good as a real lhbs but you could easily put together a beer there. I imagine other locations might also. Maybe even tractor supply?

I do correct the water. Been doing for 2 or 3 years now. I started with the SCWA reports (I’m in zone 1) and got it tested at ward about 18 months ago. I think the biggest difference was my efficiency got a lot more stable by adjusting for mash pH. Can’t say I’ve done any with/without comparisons but i’d say it’s worth it for a 45 dollar test and 10/20 bucks of salts. Brunwater looks intimidating but it’s really not that bad.

I brewed two imperial stouts a couple months ago and have an neipa carbing up now.

The first imperial was supposed to be an American stout but i undershot my mash temp, and overshot my efficiency and overshot my boil off (new blichman hellfire from Xmas) So what was supposed to be 6.5% ended up closer to 8.5. Still came out pretty solid, and I might try building it up a bit into an imperial start to finish next year. Finished at 1.012, which seems dry but it was decent. Bottled that off with another new toy, the tap cooler, and got 15 12oz of that left (started with 4 gallons, clearly liked it more than I realized)

The other one was a founders breakfast clone I’ve done a few times for my wife now. I use cocoa husk in the mash (this came from Hawaii many years ago) and it gives a really solid chocolate flavor. It also gets cocoa nibs and dry beaned with coffee. It’s ready to go now but I’ll probably bottle it off. My wife is expecting in 3 weeks now (it’ll be our third). Amusingly last time I made this exact version was just before my second was born 2 years ago.

The neipa is Citra Ans Vic secret, hit my mash temps and efficiencies but the A24 starter I used chewed thru it. Another 6.5 target is 7.3 now. Also on the dry side 1.010 for a hazy but actually early samples don’t seem it at all. This is the second beer in a series, the first was 50% oats and now this is 50% wheat (actually only 45). I don’t dry hop during active at all, and even dry hopped at 60 this go around (2x. 4oz each split even between the hops above) And it still has a solid hop bite likely from the extra polyphenols. Giving it its two weeks of set snd forget carbing hoping to clear that out a bit.

Despite these bigger beers recently I prefer lighter beers around 5 so I can have a couple. Next beer you is a 4.5% bitter using amarillo and some old imperial A05 voyager that I last harvested 5/4/2019, yep it’s almost two years old. I’ve had good success with overbuilding starters And harvesting that. This was 85b cells collected in 400ml that’s been sitting in the back of my top shelf of the fridge this whole time.

After that, pending this baby showing up will be a classic American Pilsner based off Rheingold. My wife’s great grandfather was a salesman back in the 50s and 60s and the two tap handles on my keezer are both rheingold from around that time.

How much cocoa husk are you using in your mash?

I am thinking I am wanting to try it for an idea I have - Thanks

Back