Which buttons/switches are truly necessary for eBIAB??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterblum

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am working on a budget eBIAB build, and am looking for some input from people who have brewed a lot with a similar system.
Which interface components on the control panel are truly necessary?
Do I need a buzzer?
Do I need an element indicator light in addition to the light that is already on the EZBoil?
I am probably going to splurge on the Riptide pump, which has a power switch on it, so I won't need a pump switch or outlet on the panel.
If I just go with an electrical disconnect, can I skip using a contactor?

Is there any reason to go with anything more than the EZBoil, temperature probe input, and an On-Off Switch on the panel?
Thanks

Hey guys, I am working on a budget eBIAB build, and am looking for some input from people who have brewed a lot with a similar system.
Which interface components on the control panel are truly necessary?
Do I need a buzzer?
Do I need an element indicator light in addition to the light that is already on the EZBoil?
I am probably going to splurge on the Riptide pump, which has a power switch on it, so I won't need a pump switch or outlet on the panel.
If I just go with an electrical disconnect, can I skip using a contactor?

Is there any reason to go with anything more than the EZBoil, temperature probe input, and an On-Off Switch on the panel?
Thanks

I was going thru the same questions a while ago. I’m building a small controller which can be used as a simple boil controller, a BIAB or RIMS controller, or even a full-scale HERMS controller.

The focus is safety, size and affordability. I will share once assembled and tested.

I guess you don’t need a buzzer, as the EZboil has one integrated (ex DSPR120).

I will use a high current main switch instead a contactor. Either use a contactor or use a high current switch for safety reasons. No LED indicator for the element. So just the PID, switch and connectors.

Latest posts

Back