Where to buy replacement parts for ball valves?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnycreature

Beer Crafter, Metalhead \m/
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed that one of my 2-piece SS ball valves was leaking so I took it apart. I saw that one of the white plastic washers (right next to the ball) was bent and out of shape and I didn't fit anymore. If necessary I can post a picture later. Is there a way to replace just this piece? I would hate having to spend another $17 or so on a new valve...

Many thanks! :mug:

Here's the picture. I hope it's visible that the washer is bent :(

1405474111168.jpg

I'd look into putting a heat shield under your valve. I'm thinking the valve got a little...melty.

That's unlikely. It's the valve on the pump that's at least a foot away from the burner. The valve on the kettle is fine.

When I saw the picture the first thing I thought of was it started to melt. If not then it must not have been seated properly when you reassembled it the last time you cleaned it. It certainly is distorted out of shape. Something caused that.

When I saw the picture the first thing I thought of was it started to melt. If not then it must not have been seated properly when you reassembled it the last time you cleaned it. It certainly is distorted out of shape. Something caused that.

Most likely it slipped when I put it together before; I usually assemble them "wet" with StarSan. Gotta be more careful for sure!

I had that same washer burn up on me. The cheapest replacement I could find was almost $10.00 once shipping was factored in, so I just bought a new ball valve altogether and figure I now have some spare parts.

I had that same washer burn up on me. The cheapest replacement I could find was almost $10.00 once shipping was factored in, so I just bought a new ball valve altogether and figure I now have some spare parts.

That's what I thought when I checked the prices for washers. Right now I can take the valve off the mash tun and put it on the pump. I don't like this idea though since I need to clean it every time :fro:

So, that washer, fits down in the "counterbore" pictured?

I'm wondering if the turning fitting when screwing it in, is turning against the washer, or against the "male" portion in the valve, that mates with that counterbore, (can't see the construction inside the valve).

Back