Where do you order your Homebrew supplies from ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayou Fatma Brewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a preference on companies and -where they order their Grains,Yeast and supplies from? Looking to expand my orders other than my local homebrew store. LHBS Due to high taxes and processing fees.
thanx…CHEERS

[Removed All-Bold formatting -Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just made large order from Rite brew / before that got great service and prices from Label peelers during a sale.
Don't use AIH anymore , they got bought out (by Northern Brewer) and it took forever to process my order .

Great Fermentations because they sell grain by the ounce. You don’t have to buy a whole pound.

Rite Brew for dry yeast and grain by the ounce.

Label Peeler for dry yeast.

YCH and YVH for hops because you can buy by the harvest year

Hop Heaven because you can buy by the harvest year and Ted sells great hops. He sends free hops sometimes as well.

Great Fermentations because they sell grain by the ounce. You don’t have to buy a whole pound.

Rite Brew for dry yeast and grain by the ounce.

Label Peeler for dry yeast.

YCH and YVH for hops because you can buy by the harvest year

Hop Heaven because you can buy by the harvest year and Ted sells great hops. He sends free hops sometimes as well.
Thanx…will check these out.

I usually get my grains from a local maltster, but when I need to buy online I use somewhere I can order by the ounce (Great Fermentations, as mentioned, plus Atlantic Brew Supply, and BrewHardware) or that has a lot of variety (MoreBeer or Midwest Supply.)

Hops from Yakima Valley Hops (great packaging, 2 oz vacuum packed is barely more expensive per pound than larger packages), unless it's a variety I can't get there, in which case MoreBeer probably has it. And when they don't have it either (rare), I'll order from just about anywhere to get weird varietals (Lubelski, Phoenix, Bergamot, Grungeist) -- "I've never heard of them, but they have an online ordering system, what could go wrong?"

Dry yeast from RiteBrew in quantities of 10 for the discount (on what's already the lowest price around.) Liquid yeast from any of the above, usually along with my grain/hop order.

Just checked out Rite- Brew , great prices , dry yeast prices are super low . I’ve had it with Northern Brewer , last order was a bunch of thin plastic bags, many of which were hanging out of the box because it was poorly sealed. 1 wrap of cellophane tape over the ends of a 40 lb order. I blame Fed Ex for half the damage, it seems they just dump out the packages from the back of the truck. Leave them in the rain or snow even though I have a plastic tote next to the mailbox for any packages ( has a big sign on it , they ignore it) Sorry for the rant , I need a beer……

I support my LHBS for most grain purchases unless they don't stock what I'm looking for. I'll shop online for items I can't get locally, or when it makes overwhelming economic sense to do so. When shopping online I typically use MoreBeer, Williams, RiteBrew, and BrewHardware.

Hopcraft Supply (often have 24hr. delivery from MI to OH, flat shipping fee), Rite Brew (great prices & malt discounts over 10#), Label Peelers (dry yeast ships free via USPS), Great Fermentations (flat or free shipping) & More Beer (flat or free shipping). Hops vary according to variety and sales, but I try to patronize Hops Direct ... family business that honors a 10% veteran's discount, though shipping cost from WA can be an issue.

I have been using Morebeer pretty exclusively, but somebody posted a company called Hearts Home brewing supplies. I might give them a try as you can order smaller amounts and not full pounds when all i need is a few ounces. No free shipping but no wasted grains that I have to try and keep in food saver bags.

I’m very lucky that I don’t have to order much. I have a LHBS that I get C02 and stuff I’m out of, otherwise I trek to Midwest Supplies for sacks of grain and more variety. For hops I pretty much only order from Yakima.

I have a maltster 20 minutes from my house. Gallatin Valley Malt, and its really great quality. Especially the Vienna malt. I can easily do single malt beers with that. I can buy direct from them, but my LBHS carries it and is awesome, so I'd rather pay a little extra to feed two birds with one seed. Hops, well, our local grower is more concerned with commercial sales, and I don't blame him. I grow a little myself (not the cousin, BN shout out), but usually go with Yakima.

I've been dealing with Label Peelers lately and find them very good on what's in stock, price, delivery, etc.

Hopcraft Supply (often have 24hr. delivery from MI to OH, flat shipping fee), Rite Brew (great prices & malt discounts over 10#), Label Peelers (dry yeast ships free via USPS), Great Fermentations (flat or free shipping) & More Beer (flat or free shipping). Hops vary according to variety and sales, but I try to patronize Hops Direct ... family business that honors a 10% veteran's discount, though shipping cost from WA can be an issue.
FYI: Hopcraft carries Chevalier heirloom malt.

Morebeer for hops and miscellaneous supplies
Ritebrew for dry yeast
Hop Craft for malts

Ritebrew is my go to. Great service and response. Love their Grain Quick Select for ordering recipes. They are located in Wisconsin and I live in Iowa. Using Speedee delivery its two shipping at the most. Sometimes next day.

Have Hopcraft let you know when it's back in stock. If you don't want to wait Keystone homebrew in PA has it, but it's more expensive.
+1 for Keystone Homebrew. After Solar Homebrew went under during COVID, Keystone became my store of choice. Just FYI not everything in the store is listed online, such as their EVAbarrier tubing, but if you call them they can manually add it to your online order.

Back