What's your next brew? Why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking an Octoberfest lager is in order. Because it's the perfect beer for the coming season.

A english dark mild. It was a hit, 6 lbs maris otter alb cry 40 8 oz cry 120 and 3 oz pale chocolate bitterer with ekg and 6 gram of it a 10 minutes. I need to grow a batch of yeast for a imperial porter. the yeast will be 1318 london ale.:mug:

I'll probably whip another batch of Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde or SWMBO Slayer. Both are fantastic lighter beers, perfect for the upcoming football and hockey seasons.

Next two brews are for a purpose.
First is a basic "thanks" to a friend, so I am making him a batch. - Will be an IPA
Second is a batch is because my father has heard me talk about brewing but has never seen it. This one will be a porter.

One of the 5 recipes that I have already started.... Or something that comes to mind before my next brew day. Why? Because I want another style on hand.

An American Wheat. SWMBO just informed me that I was expected to bring some beer to a picnic in a couple of weeks. I heard wheat ales ferment quickly, I hope that's true. Go go gadget fermenter!

Sigh. Tried to squeeze brewing in with yard work and some auto repair. Didn't watch my temps so I wound up mashing at 160. OG wound up at 1.026 instead of 1.035, went ahead and pitched anyway. Looks like it's going to be my first light beer.

Finally bought some kegging equipment and thinking of brewing my first lager. 2 firsts.

Just got my first lager in the bottle over the weekend! A Marzen/Octoberfest that was brewed on 6/4 and lagered at 50° over the last 5 weeks. Has another month in the bottles to condition at 38-40°, jyst in time for football season!

My next beer is a California Common to be brewed next weekend after bottling my IPA (dry hopped last night!).

I like to kick around 3 different beers in my head in between brews. right now I'm thinking about a braggot with flowers and spices, a milk stout and a pumpkin beer.

Next beer will be biermunchers centennial blonde (good for this hot summer) or a split batch of pale ale, half of which I'll make a mango or a passion fruit pale ale.

I'm thinking of brewing the breakfast stout recipe I found on HBT. Hopefully it'll have time to mellow when it gets cold. Then it'll be time for my Oktoberfest.

A Brown Ale I've brewed a couple times before (with a couple tweaks), but instead of harvested Bell's yeast this one will be with WY1968. Recipe consists of MO, C60, Victory, Rolled Oats, and Chocolate hopped with Centennial, Cascade, and Willamette. It's been really tasty the other times I've brewed it, and I'm really curious about how 1968 will change it.

I'll follow on within a day or two with an Oud Bruin for my first shot at a sour. MO, C60, Rolled Oats, Special B, and De-bittered for color. Using Roeselare blend.

Hopefully I'll have my kegerator built in time for the brown to be put on gas!

Thinking of a slightly sour, hoppy saison. I have 2 oz of citra I want to dry hop it with, and I'm thinking of using a bit of acid malt or something similar to give it a bit of a twang.

NB Pumpkin Ale extract kit with canned pumpkin and 6-row added to the grains for a mini-mash. Make it in early August so it's good n' ready for fall color + football.

Going to try a honey IPA. Always wanted to try brewing with honey to see if it will add some character, so will see how it goes! :)

Found a Chocolate Maple Porter I am going to try - I love chocolate beers, and the idea of a maple flavor added to that sounds amazing as well.

a wee heavy. i have always wanted to do a kilt flasher clone, and im tired of ipas. so here i am, brewing one right now. And an ipa right after :)

Pineapple Saison because I have a Kolsch, 2 IPAs, cream ale and an Oktoberfest cold crashing or kegged! [emoji482]

Since I've got my Chocolate/Coffee stout in the fermenter and it's still summertime, I'd like to try and clone this Hop Slice session brew from Deschutes. They list the ingredients on their site so I imported them into brewersfriend and started fooling with them. Not sure if I'm close at all but I'm near on numbers. Guess I'll give it a try in a couple days....

I'll be doing one last Saison while I still have an easy way to get ferm temps up in the 80's.

giphy.gif

Lemon party, because I have been wanting to try Sorachi Ace hops and I think it would be a good beer to end the summer before I get into the stouts.

It's still so hot here in Florida and will be until the very end of October or so. I think I am going to brew a nice refreshing Hefeweizen to take the edge off this HEAT! :)

John

Boulevard Chocolate Raspberry Ale clone and then a DFH World Wide Stout clone. I want to do those because I think they are very good beers and they also are difficult to replicate.

Vienna lager. Time to try my first lager and I have been wanting to try something a little maltier. I'm studying for the CPA exam right now and don't have a lot of time to brew. A lager rather than an ale seemed like a good compromise.

I'm doing the Centennial Blonde next. That thread keeps popping up and I need to find out why.

Plus my last blonde was real good and my mates all gave it rave reviews.

Either a Bohemian Pilsner lager fermented in the low 60s. I recently read Brulosophy's article about doing such.
Or.....
another coconut porter since my wife really loved the first one. It was a pain the arse dealing with a muslin bag full of toasted coconut in a 3 gallon Better Bottle, so I though that I would keg condition the batch with corn sugar while at the same time hanging the muslin bag in the keg with dental floss. I also want to try cacao nibs instead of cocoa powder in this batch.

Back