What's your next brew? Why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White IPA for a Homebrew League competition coming up in two months.

I'm thinking about replicating an IPA i brewed 2 years ago with Citra, Neslon Sauvin, and a touch of Centennial. Maybe a little peel thrown in and some coriander or other pepper for a bit of spice.

My dilemna is deciding whether to go clean IPA yeast, or Belgian Wit.

Last edited:
I also got sad after I posted that and so I ordered myself an insulated fermentation bag. My Saison days are no longer numbered.

giphy.gif

I'm thinking about replicating an IPA i brewed 2 years ago with Citra, Neslon Sauvin, and a touch of Centennial. Maybe a little peel thrown in and some coriander or other pepper for a bit of spice.

aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

That Citra/Nelson/Centennial IPA sounds awesome. I'd leave it without the additional spice, but I'm not a huge fan of spicy beers, so there's that.

I do an IPA that varies a little bit from batch to batch, but I do half Nelson with about a quarter Centennial and a quarter something else fruity/citrusy. I feel the Centennial gives a great counterbalance to the fruitiness that Nelson and the other hops provide.

Of course, it's called Half Nelson IPA. Does t hurt that the brewer is half Nelson...

Got my house brew - New Glarus Spotted Cow clone (cream ale) that I always have in the pipe line. So, if I'm out of that it's pretty easy to decide what to brew next.

I've been on a light lager/pilsner kick lately so now I'm going to swing to the other extreme and do something more complex and flavorful. Doing a spiced holiday ale this weekend. After that I'm going to attempt my first fruit beer. White Flag Third Strike Apricot Saison clone from a recipe in BYO magazine. I've also never did a saison before either.

Tomorrow I have a NE-IPA to be brewed. Why? Our brew shop has Conan yeast and I figured why not, let's see what I can do with it. So in the 5-gal batch nearly 2-lb of hops being used (mostly late/whirlpool and dryhop). Relatively simple grist and all that.

Latest posts

Back