What's your next brew? Why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next brew: Belgian wit

why: because until I get it perfect I will be brewing exactly this beer.
and once I get it perfect I will want to have a good supply to drink it so it will be Belgian wit forever...

until I feel experienced enough to attempt lager.
Than it will be Belgian Wit and Lager :)

Brewing an Irish Red Ale with some Vienna, Caramunich III, and Roasted Barley for a number of reasons. I want a malty session ale, and I also want to use the slurry for a bigger Old Ale. Not only will I not have to buy any new yeast but I can measure out the exact amount I need, which would have been in a limbo between one and two packets. It's gonna be Windsor, so having an adequate cell count is particularly important too. The Irish Red Ale was also a good candidate because I now have a lot of bulk grain from Christmas, had the appropriate specialty malts on hand, and it will be a similar color to the Old Ale with that one using Vienna and a little Smoked Malt and Midnight Wheat. I can't wait.

Brewing an APA with 10# Pale malt, 1 # Briess Bonlander and 1/2# White wheatmalt. Single hopped with 2 oz. Dana @ 10 mins, & 2 oz. steeped for 15 minutes. Comes in at 5.2% ABV and 38 IBUs. Using WLP080 Cream Ale Blend.

A bock because it's about the season for that and we'll have the yeast for it. We pretty much always use a yeast twice so we line up beers that work with the same yeast strain.
1xq0n
1xpjb

She Who Must Be Obeyed
Aka wife (or girlfriend, but usually wife).

Yes, because SWMBO doesn't reveal the future situation and her true personality until the ring is on the finger. Before that it's all sex, pleasure, and relaxation all the time. Then, as you're driving away in your honeymoon car it's like BAM! What just happened?!?!

And to stay on topic: a series of lagers so they'll be ready for summer. Probably start off with a Maibock, followed by a pils, then a helles, and finally a PPL. Mighy try a quick-lager method, but ive never understood all the hurry. Beer'll be ready when it's ready. Just like I tell SWMBO: I'll get around to it when I'm damn good-n-ready! We don't talk much anymore.

Yes, because SWMBO doesn't reveal the future situation and her true personality until the ring is on the finger. Before that it's all sex, pleasure, and relaxation all the time. Then, as you're driving away in your honeymoon car it's like BAM! What just happened?!?!

Didn't run into that problem myself, my wife is the same as she was when we dated.

My next brew will be beer.

Looks like I am right! :D

I am brewing a winter warmer tonight. Why? Because I had the idea & the LME, and wanted to make one last extract batch (with mini-mash!) before going AG.

Some LME, DME, Munich, chocolate, darker Crystal, & roasted barley. Some Magnum at 60, and some cacao nibs, vanilla bean, & bourbon-soaked oak chips will go in after primary is done. Ought to be 8-9% ABV. Maybe ready by St. Patrick's Day. Maybe.

:)

Looks like I am right! :D

I am brewing a winter warmer tonight. Why? Because I had the idea & the LME, and wanted to make one last extract batch (with mini-mash!) before going AG.

Some LME, DME, Munich, chocolate, darker Crystal, & roasted barley. Some Magnum at 60, and some cacao nibs, vanilla bean, & bourbon-soaked oak chips will go in after primary is done. Ought to be 8-9% ABV. Maybe ready by St. Patrick's Day. Maybe.

:)

You had me at beer

Brewing a Belgian golden ale for a club competition. After that probably my milk chocolate stout while it's still cold, then a special IPA for a buddy that'll be in town mid next month. Then a pale ale with juniper berries ive been working on. Maybe I'll brew its big brother and put it on gin oak chips. Too many ideas for new beers and too little time!

Next brew is going to be an American Amber in about 3 weeks! Followed by some Cream of 3 crops and an Arrogant Bastard Clone. Doing the Amber first because It's my favorite style of beer when done right - nice and balanced with a good malt backing. Cream of 3 crops because I'm going to mess around with some fruit infusions. The Arrogant Bastard because that stuff is liquid gold. Everything is going to be BIAB, the clone grains are coming from a kit.

If I had it my way if brew tomorrow but I just ordered my grain bill today. And I need to wait to get the pesky ankle cast off so I can actually do things.
On the other hand...maybe I should just find someone to boss around to get it brewed and I can just sit back and knock a few down 🍺 🍺 🍺

Going to christen a 5G brew setup with an Irish Stout! :D Partial mash...kinda bummed, I thought the kit I got was all grain..Ah well, maybe NEXT 5G batch will be all grain! :)

Oh, and the why? Do I REALLY have to explain? 6 weeks til ready, March, green, Irish...Can it be any clearer? LOL

Getting together with a friend tomorrow to brew a sour red based on The Rare Barrel's recipe. We brewed a pale rye sour last year, so we're going to use the yeast harvested from that to keep it going.

Maibock to be tapped on 5/1 so it'll have time to lager, followed by an Irish Red Ale for St. Patty's Day.

My RIS. It's never to late to brew a RIS plus I need one on hand so I stop buying them. Just put a dipa w/Conan in to primary 5 min ago so I need a bigger beer to wait on.

I'm going to enter my first comp this Spring, so I'm brewing up my favorites in preparation. My American Brown and maybe a pale or a blond, or a mild?

I don't think I'll win anything, but I'd like to get some impartial, objective feedback on beers.

3 on deck to do, likely in this order:

-Maduro Oatmeal Brown clone, with the addition of coffee kiln malt to try and get just a bit of the coffee element in there.
-Pivo Pils clone
-Common Room ESB recipe from right here on the forums.

I just wish I could get these bills & such outta the way so I can pick up the rest of the ingredients for the mumme'. Then the Burton barleywine, then some more kotty & dampfbier, &...&...&...

A couple IPAs. Targeting the 5.5% abv range for easy drinking. Why? Because IPAs are the beers I seem to be buying most and in multiples. I'd like to scale that back and have on tap what I like to drink.

I'm looking into doing the buffalo sweat partial mash kit from NB. I've done 4 extract kits now and I want to move into partial mash on my way to all grain!

Plan on using the BIAB method.

I just put together a porter recipe, and before I buy everything I'm wondering......do you see anything that might be a problem?

Thanks!

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/310890/muddy-paws

Tap 1 - American Ale
Tap 2 - Cherry Paws
Tap 3 - Hoppy Session Ale
On the brew deck - Irish Red

I would take a look at what the dark DME is made of. They usually have a decent amount of roasted and crystal grains in it already, so you are likely majorly overdoing it with the specialty malts. I think that is going to result in a sickeningly sweet beer

My next beer is now a double IPA that was inspired with a mix between Fat Head's Head Hunter and Hop JuJu in terms of hop varieties... So I chose four hops (Centennial, Columbus, Citra and Simcoe)... Projected specs are 8% ABV and 100 IBU (theoretically at 180 IBU currently).

Looking for resinous, piney and dank. Of course, using first wort as my bittering charge... Then a 10min addition and then a hop stand at 160-170F for 45mins... Then a huge dry hop (~6oz for 5 gal) with citra, simcoe and columbus.

Brewing a simple extract blonde for these allagash dregs I've built up so I can harvest and wash the yeast for future use.

Doing a Northern Nut Brown and then either a bitter or a dark mild. I ordered a pack of wyeast 1026-PC and a pack of 1882-PC so that's the reason behind a couple British/English beers. Plus they're damn tasty!!

I have two extract kits to brew from Northern Brewer that are sitting in my closet (SMASH Session American Ale and an American Wheat). After that will be my first attempt at a BIAB! Why? Well I should brew the kits I already have on hand first, but I really do want to try my hand at BIAB!!

BIAB isn't as hard as it seems, it just takes longer. But it does open up a whole new world of brewing possibilities.:rockin:

My Blonde recipe again. This time the wife finished it off , but with some help of course.:mug:

1) Bierce de garde. I want it ready for mid summer sipping

2) Barleywine. Going to bottle condition for at least 9 months

What is this "Bierce de garde" you speak of? A newbie would like to know... ;-)

Biere de Garde is hte French cousin of the Belgian Farmhouse Ale aka Saison.
Its generally less hoppy, (historically) stronger, but most of all, more malt focused than saisons. They generally are not as dry, definitely not as bright, but share that rustic character.

The name means "beer for storing" or something liek that. They would make it with the seasons to cellar, similar to the Saisons roots

Actually I had a typo. Bierce de Garde is the correct spelling. A French ale the means "beer to store". It is a farmhouse ale that is brewed in the colder ,moths and stored for drinking in the summer. It needs to condition for at least 4 - 6 months before it is truly ready..

im mashing in a ipa with cascade, citra, and ammarillo. Why brew? because i got al my work done early, and i kinda felt like it. spur of the moment thought about 3 hours ago

Biere de Garde is hte French cousin of the Belgian Farmhouse Ale aka Saison.
Its generally less hoppy, (historically) stronger, but most of all, more malt focused than saisons. They generally are not as dry, definitely not as bright, but share that rustic character.

The name means "beer for storing" or something liek that. They would make it with the seasons to cellar, similar to the Saisons roots

Actually I had a typo. Bierce de Garde is the correct spelling. A French ale the means "beer to store". It is a farmhouse ale that is brewed in the colder ,moths and stored for drinking in the summer. It needs to condition for at least 4 - 6 months before it is truly ready..

Thank you both! Never heard of it before and it sounds really interesting!!!!

Got a 1 gallon MO/Northern Brewer SMaSH BIAB cooking now, going to do a couple more with Sorachi Ace and another tbd hop. Just playing around with grains and hops to learn more.

Working on a recipe for an Imperial Stout for the Homebrew Club comp in November. hope to brew that one soon.

Back