What's your next brew? Why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The next beer I brew wont be until March, but it's a Hop hands clone. This guy here geeked out on trying to formulate a clone. So I'm going to respect that hard work and determination by trying to brew it.

I'm about to brew only my 4th batch. I've decided to stick to IPA and Porters until I make one that is so good, I don't think I can improve it. Then maybe try a 9+ ABV bourbon stout.

Next is definitely a IPA. Why because that's what I love to drink but this time it will be my first recipe done on my own. Hoping I don't mess it up LOL

Happy brewing!

What i hope to be my house APA. bittered with centennial and a late addition of cascade hop stand with mosaic and dry hopped with mosaic

Most likely a simple yet malty Irish Red. Why you ask? Because it will be ready in March, and a simple dark amber brew is what I am /will be jonesing for.

Plus I don't have to buy ingredients, I have leftovers from other brews, which is nice. 😃

I have two in the works, my 15% RIS will be hitting the secondary soon. I will be brewing my house ESB and formulating and testing a new one our family line of beers called Rose. It will be brewed with hibiscus and dry hopped with rose petals. Still working on the base beer.

Just bottled 10G of bourbon barrel Quad, 5G with tart cherry juice, 5G with Port.

Next beer, a Session Pils, for lots of delicious spring drinking.

My next will be a very simple Pale Mild. 87% Maris Otter, 4% UK Crystal 77L, and 9% Invert #3, mashed at 150F, single 15 IBU bittering charge of EKG, and fermented with my house 1469. OG 8.8°P, FG 2°P, 3.6% ABV, 8 SRM.

As for why, A) I love Milds. Usually Dark Milds, but Pale Milds too. B) This is going to be a prop batch (basically my starter) for about 6 months and 25 or so batches to come out of this one pack of yeast (repitching yeast for the win). First up for repitching will be top cropping from this batch into a Dark Mild and a Best Bitter. And then a bunch more Bitters and Milds, along with a couple English IPAs, a London Porter, a couple different Stouts, a Nut Brown, a Strong Ale, and wrapping up with an English Barleywine between now and June.

Hefeweizen. This will be shared with numerous family members so I needed something light on hops and easy to drink. Banana bomb it is then.

Just dry hopped my two hearted clone and yoopers oatmeal stout has been in the fermenter for a week. Doing a porter next. Why? Because my peanut porter is about to kick and my smoked cherry porter is about half way gone. Plus, founders porter is my favorite and I was reminded of it above!

Belgian Pale Ale (De Koninck (ish) . why ? Because I have a package of 515 .

I've got a schwarzbier lagering at the moment and when it's done in a few weeks I'll be brewing another roggenbier. I'm really starting to dig malty, dry(ish) beers.

A Black Vanilla Stout with the beans (2) soaked on some Bourbon or so, haven't decided that yet.

Why? Because I can. Ok, it sounds good. I have Biermuncher's Black Patent Porter, a clone of Deschutes Jubelale (turned out awesome) bottled and drinking now with a GP Mosaic Smash in the fermenter. Need to keep up on the darker beers while the cold weather sticks around. I will follow that one up with the Jubelale again, this time in my Grainfather!

Well I just got in an order of Columbus, ahtanum, Apollo and Citra hops with a pack of Conan yeast. Hmmm IPA or dipa it will be.

I will be doing an American Amber Ale with Munich dark because I read Munich has a nice toffee flavor. I plan to hop 60, 15, 2 with Centennial and dry hop with Chinook. My wife likes beers with a higher ABV (6-8%) since my production is low. I have been making two gallons a batch, so it's nice to enjoy one or two at a time and still have some beer left for another day. After dry hopping my Fire Crotch American IPA, I won't make a beer without dry hopping for quite some time. I cracked one of those Fire Crotches early and in spite of the carbonation being low, the Citra dry hop aroma was ridiculously delicious. Its hard to find beer that is as good as homebrew when you do it right. If this beer carbs properly, it will be the best beer I've ever had (I think/hope).

Making Palmer's Elevenses because I am craving a good mild (and want to tweak my mild recipe) and a Vienna or Maris Otter SMaSH.
I've been itching to do a double brewday and SMASH is a logical choice.

Belgian Pale Ale (De Koninck (ish) . why ? Because I have a package of 515 .

What's the recipe you're planning? I'm brewing a Belgian pale next as well with some top cropped 3522.

Just brewed a rye amber ale for my first AG session. Looks wonderful, and looking forward to drinking it when its done.

Next one? An Oakened Simcoe IPA. Why? Well, just because. And also, I've never brewed an IPA before so this will be fun.

I know better than to combine my two favorite things. Ever seen that Seinfeld where George starts sneaking sandwiches during sex? slippery slope

American style "saison" ipas are one of my favorite completely bastardized styles.

Some nice american hops + 3711 = amazing.

A thread on this board got me to thinking about why I homebrew. After a bit of reflection, I realized that I am like a kid who likes to take his toys apart to see how they work. And, the best way to understand how beer works is to make my own. So, If I hear about a technique that sounds interesting, I have to try it.

I recently read about hopstands, so I am brewing a White IPA with no hops in the boil at all. Five ounces will go in as the wort reaches 175, and I will let it drop to 150 before restarting my wort chiller. Then after final gravity is reached, I will dry hop with 8 ounces. From what I've read, 175 should be hot enough to extract Alpha Acids, and low enough to prevent any oils from evaporating.

I ordered myself a couple grain kits, a Belgian wit and a milk stout, for my Xmas gift to me. The wit vacuumed packed grain is longer sealed so that one first, then the milk stout, which I'm hoping will be really good for March 17... I have no confidence as a new brewer that I could make something that would come close to a Guinness this year, but next year, more likely next year. :tank:

My next batch will be a clone (not really, the recipe was posted by the brewer) of DuClaw's Euphoria Toffee Nut Brown Ale, and then my own Irish Red.

Why? Since I don't live in Maryland anymore, I can't get Euphoria, which is hands down, one of my favorite beers....ever! So, thankfully, the brewery posted the recipe for all of us faithful drinkers to replicate out of state. And the red is the beer that I always have on tap, just because.

CB IPA Version 4 Saturday, because it definitely gets better each time and my buddy from Lafayette, an IPA junkie, is coming over to participate in his first brewing experience.
Next up is a Belgian Tart Cherry Ale for the lil wifers because she'll love it and because it's gotta age.
Then something quicker to bottle for SWMBO.
Then maybe a hoppy red for myself.
RIS in a few months...

teach me, sensei!

Really big yeast starter and augment your recipe with DME to get to your OG. I will be taking the current gravity in the next few days to see if I got it dropped to where I want. If not, I will be rousing the yeast and possibly adding some super gravity yeast.

I'm making a stout. Possibly two. A milk oatmeal stout and that deception stout or whatever it is >_< I just never really drank much commercial stouts, but I do like them and am willing to try a couple of different recipes from here. I think I will brew the milk oatmeal stout first!

I'm doing a series of 100% brett primary fermentations because I've got some new strains that need to be used up. Might hit some with some lacto, or dry hops, or fruit depending on the character I get.

RIS is set for February. Going to be taste testing some Narwhal and Old Rasputin for science. Just got the idea to soak some oak chips in some scotch to toss in during secondary.

gonna do mysticmead's raging red Irish red ale this Saturday because I've already brewed beers that are yellow, orange, brown, black and pink.
....aaand also because I've got a cake of wlp001 that's nice and healthy I want to wash and use right away.

A pre-prohibition lager. Why? Because it's a style my father asked for and he gave me the freezer I'm converting in to a fermentation chamber to make it in.

Peanut butter porter from Brooklyn Brew Shop. Why? I love dark beer and I'm going to start doing 1 gallon batches. It's a limited time kit so I got it for my son for Christmas.

Back