What's your favorite Micro brewery.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being from the Chico,CA area I would have to go with Sierra Nevada, though I don't consider it a Micro Brewery. I believe his out put is about 600,000 Barrrels/year. So we'll just call it Craft Brew. Stone isn't far behind, then you got Bear Republic, RR, Moylan's on and on. Cali has some pretty sweet breweries.:mug:

One of my old faves... oh about 15+ yrs ago...
Das Bönnsch - das Bonner Brauhaus

Where I really learned about the difference between good ber and great Bier!!! and food!!!

This is a decent one as well

I've got three top notch breweries all within an hour drive (New Holland in my hometown, Founder's about 30 minutes east, and Bell's about an hour south). Of the three, I'm partial to Founder's. Their beers are fantastic, and their taproom has amazing atmosphere, especially in the summer months.

For a long time I was really unimpressed with Goose Island in Chicago. Their bottled beers can be pretty bland. I mean I get it, they need to appeal to a broad market. However, lately they've been doing some small batches and specialty brews ("Clybourn Heritage Collection" and "Goose Island Reserve") and those are actually amazingly good.

They always have great beers at their brewpub, but it's nice to see those beers making their way into bottles. For that, Goose Island is my favorite micro of the moment.

We don't get a lot of US microbrews to Sweden, mostly because of our alcohol monopoly. I do like the ones I've found from the bigger craft breweries like Stone, Oskar Blues and Flying Dog. As for Swedish microbreweries, Dugges, Oceanbryggeriet and Närke are great.

I thought I chimed in on this already, but here goes. I will drink anything that New Belgium puts out, although not one of their brew would be considered my favorite. Top to bottom, my favorite.

I've got three top notch breweries all within an hour drive (New Holland in my hometown, Founder's about 30 minutes east, and Bell's about an hour south). Of the three, I'm partial to Founder's. Their beers are fantastic, and their taproom has amazing atmosphere, especially in the summer months.

+1 on Founders, just to bump them up again. Love their beers!

For a long time I was really unimpressed with Goose Island in Chicago. Their bottled beers can be pretty bland. I mean I get it, they need to appeal to a broad market. However, lately they've been doing some small batches and specialty brews ("Clybourn Heritage Collection" and "Goose Island Reserve") and those are actually amazingly good.

They always have great beers at their brewpub, but it's nice to see those beers making their way into bottles. For that, Goose Island is my favorite micro of the moment.

I've liked some Goose Island. I liked the Nut Brown for a while, and I recently tried the IPA and thought it was very tasty!

snake river brewing ~ jackson hole, wyoming
zonker stout!!!
snake river pale ale

mmm, the memories...

OMG, was just there on Aug. 14th. Had their Snake River Pale Ale and Guido's Kolnerbrau. Very good especially Guido's. Also add Kettlehouse(Bongwater Pale Ale), Big Sky and Bayern(Dragon's Breath Dark Hefe) in Missoula and Lone Peak(Wit's End Belgian White and Headplant Pale Ale) in Big Sky.

Going locally (or as local as I can get since my town doesn't have any brewing), I would go with St. Arnold's over in Houston.

Going out of state, I would say that Bell's, Boulevard, Founders, New Belgium and Abita would be my favorites.

I'm a bit baised seeing as how i used to go there Friday nights on a weekly basis in college, loved the occasional cask that theyed have as well.
However there brown ale is pretty hard to beat.

I think you can throw a dart at Oregon and have a winner.

Pelican, Rogue, Deschutes are all consistently great.

Colorado has some great brewers too. San Diego's no slouch.

So many I've yet to try as I haven't bumped into them yet- Three Floyd's I'm especially anxious to try.

It seems to change often but my current favorite brewery is Lagunitas. I'm really feeling their beers. Three of them I really like are Little Sumpin Sumpin, Hop Stoopid, and Wilco Tango Foxtrot in that order. Absolutely delicious.

Other of my favorites are Flying Dog, Stone, and DFH.

Acoma said:
It seems to change often but my current favorite brewery is Lagunitas. I'm really feeling their beers. Three of them I really like are Little Sumpin Sumpin, Hop Stoopid, and Wilco Tango Foxtrot in that order. Absolutely delicious.

Other of my favorites are Flying Dog, Stone, and DFH.

Love lagunitas. Really love the Skunk Beer Train, which we plan to attend again this year.

Wow! I just read through all 19 pages and cannot believe I did not see my favorite micro on here...

The Bruery! in Orange County, CA.

Every beer I have had from them has been great. And you cant beat their winter seasonal, 'vertical tasting' series 12 Days of Christmas themed beers. I have all three to date: Partridge in a Pear Tree, Two Turtle Doves, and 3 French Hens. I can't wait until 2019 when I get 12 Drummers Drumming and pop ALL 12 bottles!! It is going to be a glorious day!

Also, Cigar City in Tampa is great. Funny thing is that The Bruery and Cigar City have a collab beer coming out right now. :ban: Pretty dope for me.

Stone Brewery has not let me down yet. Their IPA is probably my favorite as far as sessionable IPAs. I've also tried their RIS, Arrogant Bastard, PA, Ruination IPA. I still need to try their smoked porter. Oaked AB sounds awesome, too but I just can't justify the $16+ for a 4 pack.

I have a couple favorites in different areas, ones that I would go to as often as I could when in the area -

Mendocino Brewing Co in California
Dark Horse in Michigan
Saugatuck in Michigan

Still haven't found a hands down favorite in Illinois. I know there are some good ones but none of them just scream out to me to come back all the time

I don't mean to be a homer, but I am impressed with what the guys at Hill Farmstead of Greensboro Bend, VT are doing. They have an IPA that is fantastic. A little hard to find at pubs, but they are becoming more available.

Nationally, I'm a fan of Dogfish Head and Rogue. Will definitely make a list of the other suggestions here.

Southern Tier, hands down. Never had a better group of imperials ever, they're all amazing

+1 to Southern Tier. I'm a bit biased growing up near the brewery. I'll probably pick up a growler this weekend.

Rohrbach Brewing Company, Rochester, NY... I Love their Scotch ale (have a growler in the fridge ready to be opened tonight when I get home from work) and their blueberry ale is pretty good on a hot summer day :) Never been to their brewery/brewpub but have had their beer fresh in growlers and a fresh keg.

I also like Wagner Valley micro-brew, which is located on the premises of Wagner Valley Winery. They have a GREAT Doppelbock - Sled Dog its called :)

Not my favorite, but i have to throw Saranac in the mix. They make some good beer and a few really good beers and they have the largest variety of beers of any brewery i've ever seen, something for everybody. Good session beers

Anything Michigan:
Founders
Shorts
Right Brain
Bells
New Holland
Jolly Pumpkin

Outside of Michigan:
St Arnolds
Stone
Russian River

Yeah, I know I didn't quite follow the topic of the thread, but its like when your kids asks you who you love more...

I like my locals, Kelso, Captain Lawrence, Sixpoint, Brooklyn and Ommegang.

Without a doubt, Victory is my favorite, with Nodding Head and Monks coming in a close second and third. My all time favorite beer, however, comes from Boxcar Brewing in West Chester, Pa. Not a brewpub, but a small brewery gaining a lot of local attention and on tap in increasingly numerous bars.

Back