What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It currently smells amazing when I walk by the fermentation bucket. :ban:

Hopefully that's a good sign. I will definitely post the recipe once I see how it turns out.

If you remember, drop me a line when you do please. I will forget and I'd love to hear about it. Not sure about my honey orange hefe.

Still got 5 gallons of hard cider... gonna give it another week or so to make sure it's done fermenting and then rack it to a bright tank for a few days before using campden and sorbate to prevent re-energizing the yeast when I backsweeten. :)

I've done a lot of bottling since last time I posted in this thread.

Currently:
Lamebic x3 (+1 this weekend)
Wild quad with figs (might be a dumper)
Cantillon brett primary dreg project
Red sour x2 (wlp665, dregs, ECY02 brown top off)
Bíere de Noel (with snr10 dregs)
Spiced sour brown with butternut squash
Wild dark strong with tart cherries
Scuppernong saison (jp dregs)
Bíere de garde (lagering)
Bíere de mars (lagering)
Baltic porter

So about 70 gallons of beer that won't be ready to drink for months or years. Guess I need to brew something if we get snowpocalypsed tomorrow.

6 gallons of delicious American honey pale ale! It's bubbling ferociously as we speak. Rehydrated 6 grams of Muntons yeast and 12 hours later I had to fashion a blow off tube because of the vigorous fermentation going on...

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

1. Falconers flight/Moteuka mild IPA (target: 5,5% ABV)
2. Chinook/Falconer flight Dark IPA (target: 6,2% ABV)

Both vigorously hopped no. 1 with Falconers flight as primary aroma hop and no. 2 with Chinook.

The goal is to have the Dark IPA taste as little as possible of dark grains - so that its "only" a visual illusion (for someone not familiar with Dark IPAs).
How do people normally go about achieving this? i.e. dark color with minimal taste and aroma influence?
In this case I used all dehusked Cafara 3 special.

Just bottles a dogfish head 60 clone ( slight variation), and bottled black berry, and I have 1 gallon of muscadine wine... Time to get another brew day planned

8 buckets and 6 carboys all sitting empty thanks to the worst winter I can ever remember. I brew outside.

A few small changes since last time.

Bottled my two Altbiers, and I've also got a couple starters going and a sour mash started.

At the moment, I've got my Lamebic, my Sour Stout, my Roggenbier, and my Weizenbock, all 5-5.5 gallons each. By the end of the weekend, will be adding 5 gallons of Berliner Weisse, 5 gallons of Arrogant Bastard clone, and 5 gallons of Spruce Brown.

Carboy 1: chianti
Carboy 2: Syrah
1 gallon fermenters: mixed wine and chianti
Better bottle: apple wine
Keg waiting for the kegerator: Kate the great
On deck: crop chopper premium American lager

Saison is going through fermentation right now. Also got some apfelwein gong.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392818674.700218.jpg

Scottish Mugwort and Heather Ale in primary.
Black Currant Blackberry Mead and Braggot in Secondary.
10 gallons of Tropical Stout conditioning/priming in kegs.

I have an India Red Ale and Piloncillo stout in primary.
Galaxy pale ale, chocolate coffee stout, and oaked IPA are in secondary.
I just kegged a wee heavy today that I'll bottle and save for next year.

American IPA Chinook-Mosaic-Citra

Pitched rehydrated Nottingham and didn't see any activity at 12 hours. Getting antsy but I know how these things go sometimes. I did everything correctly so I'm sure those little beasties will come to their senses soon.

Three fermentors full of pale ale (slight variations of the same recipe to try side by side), and one batch of mild that needs to either get bottled or head for secondary this week, depending on my schedule.

Back