What Temp to Serve my Homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natelindner

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently finishing up bottle carbing on an ESB of mine. I've noticed I've often had beer that has been slightly undercarbonated, and I've heard that the warmer the beer is the more carbonated it is. In addition, I've always drank my beers straight out of the fridge without letting them get up to the "proper" temperature for medium-bodied ales. When I want to drink my ESB, should I let it sit for a few minutes after I pull it from the fridge? If so, how long?

Thanks!

A colder beer will keep more carbonation in it when poured. That being said warming the beer a bit seems to form a better head. 40f is a good compromise.

I only serve my beers at 32F because if I go much colder they will freeze.

If ya wait til it's 40F to serve it, it's gonna be about 50 by the time your half way through it if not warmer.

I only serve my beers at 32F because if I go much colder they will freeze.

So, you don't actually want to taste your beer? Or enjoy the aroma?

If ya wait til it's 40F to serve it, it's gonna be about 50 by the time your half way through it if not warmer.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

My philosophy holds that if you enjoy that last, warmish sip, you probably brewed a good beer...

Cheers! ;)

Latest posts

Back