What is SWMBO?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really?

The first I remember hearing it was Rumpole (John Mortimer) but I suppose he probably got it from somewhere.

Yes. The Book was She, originally published 1887

https://www.amazon.com/She-H-Rider-Haggard-ebook/dp/B00INITTDK/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1466705537&sr=8-13&keywords=She

They have entered the realm of the cruel and beautiful Ayesha, known to those who worship her as “She-who-must-be-obeyed.” For two thousand years, the white queen has been waiting—for what, Vincey and Holly are about to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad the real answer has already been given, it was the first time I could invent some answers:

Simple Whipping Method Brewing Oddity
Sadistic White Mad Beer Ogre
Short Wailing Mediocre Beatin' Orc
(endless possibilities)

I told SWMBO it was: She Who Merits the Best Orgasms. Not sure she believe me.

UH...........................

it is a vulgar reference to the woman of the house who takes care of us, accepts us despite our shortcomings and loves us (even publicly) when we don't derserve it - which is often

(she might be reading this...)

UH...........................

it is a vulgar reference to the woman of the house who takes care of us, accepts us despite our shortcomings and loves us (even publicly) when we don't derserve it - which is often

(she might be reading this...)

And that is the true answer (in the small print)

Too bad the real answer has already been given, it was the first time I could invent some answers:

Simple Whipping Method Brewing Oddity
Sadistic White Mad Beer Ogre
Short Wailing Mediocre Beatin' Orc
(endless possibilities)

I told SWMBO it was: She Who Merits the Best Orgasms. Not sure she believe me.

Stop Worrying, Maybe Brew Ok?

She With Multiple Blissful Orgasms #NOTJEALOUS #JEALOUS

Stop Wruining My Beer w/Oranges!

LOL

@BradleyBrew it means She Who Must Be Obeyed aka the wife. You'll also see HWBMO from our non-hetero-male brewers but its less common.

Or HWMO from some of the female brewers around here.

I mean- look at how I dress <-- in my avatar. He'd better obey me! :D

I didn't understand it at first, but like anything, a quick plug into google explained it quickly :)

99.99% of questions have been asked before... and most answers can be found through sifting through Google. When it's beer related, HBT will show various threads to choose from.

So, I'm with @Homercidal for spoiling the fun on Page 1 already. Mine is set at 40 posts per page, a pretty high standard on what "Page 1" entails.

This is like when my grandmother types her question into a Facebook status instead of the Google bar, except you posted a thread instead of Googling!

also see HWBMO from our non-hetero-male brewers but its less common.

anigif_enhanced-21149-1404228685-16.gif

99.99% of questions have been asked before... and most answers can be found through sifting through Google. When it's beer related, HBT will show various threads to choose from.

So, I'm with @Homercidal for spoiling the fun on Page 1 already. Mine is set at 40 posts per page, a pretty high standard on what "Page 1" entails.

Wow, so if 100,000 questions have been asked on HBT there has only been 10 unique questions?

How did I not know you could change the posts per page?!?! Game Changer!

In my household it's SWMOM.

Delusional
[dih-loo-zhuh-nl]

adjective
1. Having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:
Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.
2. Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:
He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him.

Delusional
[dih-loo-zhuh-nl]

adjective
1. Having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions:
Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.
2. Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness:
He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him.

The group-think on this website regarding this topic is hilarious.

SWMBO, pronounced 'swimbo', is an acronym of 'She Who Must Be Obeyed', a tongue-in-cheek reference to a female partner.

I take it the guys on this forum are often in a lot of trouble for our brewing obsession. God knows I am.

It started as a Yuppie term years back , then the hipsters thought it was cool, so on to mils and whomever. Myself, being a gray beard backwoods, stump jumpin' biker, I don't much care what all you wimps for the last 4 decades think. Fork y'all. 'Be Obeyed' my ass. 'Boot in ass' would be a good phrase for most of you SWMBO laddies.

Latest posts

Back