What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tested and tasted the Mosaic Pils I brewed last Sunday. Already down to 1.010, so the dry hop goes in tonight. Later I'll give the Bastard clone brewed on Saturday its test & taste. Oh...and my hop plants that I left for dead last year (life got waaaay in the way) are coming up again, so moved them to their new home next to the house and trained them on the twine I strung to the roof. This year I'll be a good girl and not ignore them. Supposed to be Mt Hood and either Perle or Sterling, the friend I got them from wasn't sure, but both great hops for lagers. Hopefully by August I'll be able to brew with them, if all goes well! Already have three healthy vines going, and I hope to get more.

Made starter, weighed grains, bagged and labeled hop editions, boiled and pitched kettle sour...ready for double brew day tomorrow!

Was supposed to help the brewpub boss brew tomorrow, but his supplier flaked out and didn't ship the grain in time. So now have a whole day to do....dunno yet but it will involve beer. Need to disassemble some empty kegs and completely clean them, also reorganize the brewery a bit. And also go out to the yard several times to giggle over my fast-growing hops, I swear there's three new bines started since yesterday and they are beautiful.

IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG

Got the starter going last night for today’s batch of Barleywine.

Just kegged up my Bastard to have a carboy free for brewing tomorrow. For the first time I'm giving secondary in the keg a try. Kept the siphon well above the yeast cake so shouldn't have too much gunk in the bottom once it's chilled & carbed. Letting it sit in the spare room for a few days at room temp before chilling. Also got a 22oz bottle carbing on sugar. I didn't have enough Chinook pellets to use for this one, so used some kinda old (2 years) Columbus leaf I had; bitterness is great, and the nose is perfect. Now just need to get the grain milled for tomorrow's Bell's Two Hearted clone attempt.

Got stuff ready for brewing tomorrow. Also checked on the braggot - it's been months, with lots of various efforts to drop the gravity, but it seems to be done. Didn't get where I ultimately wanted it, but super high-gravity brewing is a fickle beast. And it's the taste that ultimately matters anyway.

So tired of this knee replacement recovery...[emoji853]...all 3 fermenters empty...I feel guilty when I look at them, like they are accusing me of a crime...or maybe it's the sad face reflection I see in the stainless steel !!!
I feel ya! Keep up the good work and do all of the standing activity that your therapist has you performing. Pretty damn soon you will be able to squat and lift your fermenter like a boss.

When you're ready, there will be beer... Oh, yes!! There will be beer!!

Added my blueberry mash to the sour ale last night and today it was reawakened lol. It's only been 5 days in primary so the yeast was still hungry.
20190407_123632.jpeg

Haha it definitely looks like blueberry smoothie, but that's probably what you would expect to see with blueberries & yeast together. I am waiting for the ESB bottles to carbonate. Planning to brew Irish red v2.0, but I need to get some fresh wyeast 1098 from the LHBS first.

Back