What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some bottling done today
08DCC754-5C83-42A9-98B2-8EC1C2696861.jpeg

Pulled the PRV for what should be the last time on my latest lager; this one sat on the yeast, cold, for three weeks while I was busy with other things (anyone need a hat?). Later I'll keg the NEIPA that I brewed last weekend. Finally started new job today, gonna like it there after I get used to working again after being off for about 4 weeks.

What I did for beer today (on Monday):

Brewed a pilsner ... well, if we're being strict, it's too dark to be a pilsner (it's 5.7 SRM) because I threw a bunch of Vienna malt in the bill ... but it's too hoppy/bitter to be a Vienna, so I'll call it a pilsner anyway. :mug:

Also, I failed to take a picture so I'll have to insert one of an old BIAB batch at mash-in.

BIAB Mash.jpg

Cooking some golden beets for an upcoming ale, and I checked on a small batch of mead that I didn’t think was fermenting (no airlock activity… I thought that perhaps the organic fruit juice I used perhaps has unlisted preservatives, well all is good, :rock: it’s tasty and clear and will make a nice nightcap. Strawberries in secondary here we come.

2 weeks ago I needed to change the battery in my Tilt, but I couldn't get the thing open. Went to my LHBS to see if they could be of assistance, and after trying for a while it was still stuck. They contacted Tilt and had a special wrench sent to them.
Today I went in and finally got it open. While I was there I picked up the ingredients for an Irish Stout.

Bottled Old Fogarty's amber, brewed a Mr Beer St Pat's Stout kit that I got in my Christmas stocking. Used a 6 gram packet of Munton's ale yeast instead of the default that came with the kit; added a little leftover EKG.

Attachments

• 20230121_120652.jpg
    20230121_120652.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230121_112959.jpg
    20230121_112959.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Back