What happened to The Great HBT Stogie Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1494810089.481008.jpg

I'm definitely a cigar noob but I have been subbed to this thread since stogiegate, step daughter was nice enough to buy me a few stogies for helping her move, was a decent smoke for my untrained palate middle third was earthy with a nice pepper spice and i smoked about halfway before ash cap finally fell, looking forward to trying the Perla M she got me, the third cigar was a moonstance that her boyfriend shared with me sweet vanilla

Last edited:
Box Split:

Crowned Heads Las Calaveras EL LC46 2017

2, 5-packs available for $43.88 each plus shipping.

PM me, if interested.

tonight I have no cigar...
Only envy.

A mostly full humidor, but no time.
but MUCH ENVY for all the hand rolls I'm seeing.
Well played gentlemen.

From last night, a bad bunch that was too tight and needed to be "disposed" and something very exciting! This was a Colombian style blend, featuring a core of Connecticut broadleaf, rather than use it as wrapper. The flavors were coffee, cocoa, cream, earth, and leather. And it was only a couple weeks old! I'll need to make more to age out respectfully.

View attachment 1495556811958.jpg

View attachment 1495556821304.jpg

Got another letter from customs yesterday about more cuban cigars seized on May 9.

Odd. I didn't order any more cigars.

Last week I got two letters for the same seizure of my two boxes of Por Larranaga the I ordered back in February :-\

This baffles me. I must be super lucky. I get my cigars in a week and the package even say freakin "cigars" on it. Maybe it's a hide in plain sight strategy?

Back