What guy doesn't like head?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmmmbeer

Reaction score
But when it comes to your beer out of the tap, you don't want a glass of head!!!

I've been brewing for 3 years now and kegging for 2 but for some reason I'm confused at why my glass is nothing but head! I've always carb'd at 12psi w/5ft of line and come up with great results but the last 2 brews (both kegged at the same time) I've kegged have been giving me crazy amounts of head.
Here is what I've tried: lower my psi, nothing raising my psi, nothing, pouring many glasses (broke my heart, really... having to drink to try to fix something... NO!!!!)
My next guess is to clean the shaft then after that check the Co2 tank... if that doesn't work I have a buddy that can calibrate my gauges.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help/ideas in advance

Did you lower the temperature in your keezer or kegerator?

To me, 5 feet of line seems awfully short, but you say it's worked for you in the past.

It's possible that your beer line has some beerstone build up in it, making the 5' inadequate. I'd try swapping in some new line, and making it 10' long. That worked for me very well.

Did you check gravity to confirm that it has finished up? It is possible that the beer was fermenting in the keg and overcarbonated. Also did you use priming sugar?

In order...
textonip: got you to look at my issue didn't it? :)
Burgs: I didn't try that as I love my beer next to frozen, I'll try anything to get this issue to stop!
Yooper: I make sure I run SanStar through it with every brew. If me filling the Co2 tank and cleaning the shank doesn't work I'll be sure to run 10' of line.
badbrew: I always make sure I hit my starting and finishing grafity as best as I can. I'll make sure to monitor those numbers a bit closer.

Thank you to everyone that gave input thusfar! :rockin:

Back