Beer Gas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev211

Reaction score
Ok, so I've read about 10 different posts on beer gas and havent found the exact question and answer that Im looking for, so heres a new one. I recently built a kegerator setup for my office. We have 3 taps (2 CO2, one nitro with stout faucet). Until recently I have been running pure nitro as I have only been serving nitro cold brew coffee, but Im thinking of changing it up to a cream ale. I was going to get a second nitro tank filled with beer gas. Of the posts I've read, I know I will want to carbonate with co2 to ~1.5 volumes and then use the beer gas to push. That said, here are my questions.

1. Once carbed to 1.5 vols Im assuming I push with beer gas with a standard nitro regulator?
2. They are ball lock kegs, would I use the standard gas in post? Or use the quick cascade nitro cold brew lid with stone? (https://www.kegoutlet.com/carbonating-keg-lid.html)
3. What PSI? On all of my nitro cold brews I have been using the quick cascade lid and been setting to 40PSI. Is that the correct pressure for serving with beer gas?

Thanks in advance. The nitro cold brew has been a fun learning experience, so hoping this will too.

Back