The Ultimate Soda Water Setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan Richendrfer

Reaction score
This has a few layers with a few questions. I've looked through the forums a bit, and didn't quite find all the answers to my questions. Also, Overkill is Underrated.

I own a restaurant and would love to have a soda water on draft situation available for guest use. It's a small restaurant, but the goal would be to have a water station for guests to use as they want, so i'm imagining a higher volume of use, but if I can get my set up right, I can just add on kegs.
Now to the nitty gritty.

For the first keg, I'm planning on using the continuous soda stream lid for a corny keg to have a line attached directly to my cold water supply. I would then want to daisy chain to keg #2.
First question is weather or not i need to replace the gas post on keg #2 to a liquid post, leave it as gas, or it doesn't matter.
Second question is where the best use of gas is. Would I just need to put it on keg #1? Would having gas attached at keg #2 through a carbonation stone lid interfere with any liquid movement? Would it increase the rate of carbonation as water moves through the system?
Third question is carbonation stone related. Is there a way to have the normal gas post of a corny keg go through a carbonation stone? I'm guessing i will need to convert the gas post somehow and wondered if anyone has done something similar / can recommend the post I need?
I know that you are "supposed" to start with the carbonation stone at a low psi and slowly work your way up through psi. I'm assuming this is to continuously introduce c02 to the liquid, but is it absolutely necessary? Can I just let a bit of gas out of the purge valve every now and again? Shake it every now and again? All of the above?
If volume becomes and issue, I don't have a problem adding keg #3 (which would be identical to keg #2)

I'm trying to have this system be as "hands off" as possible.
Remember, Overkill is Underrated.
Thanks!

ALSO:
Wouldn't more carbonation stones = more diffusion? So I could tee off the line into more than one stone for better gas diffusion?

Back