What Grain Is This?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neoresin

Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to identify what I got off of a homebrewer that was getting out of the hobby. He told me this was wheat malt, and though I'm inclined to believe him, it looks just a bit different to what I'm used to so I wanted to just get feedback on the appearance. Could it be that it's just de... husked? Is that a thing? (I guess it is a thing, though I've not used dehusked malt before. I assume maybe it's used for BIAB?)
IMG_20210312_115235.jpg

Here's 2-row (recently purchased from a homebrew store, so I'm confident in this one) for reference:
IMG_20210312_115244.jpg

The reason I also ask is that both kernels taste the same. Though I didn't try just wheat malt when I was doing my tastey-test. :)

Anyway, any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Anybody brew with this kind of grain before?

Thank you so much for your replies! I'll assume it's wheat malt (are there other types other than white?).

Back