What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of pasta. :)

image_zpsljmzdeyy.jpeg

Spaghetti with guanciale, wood roasted onions, San Marzano tomatoes, and pecorino. :mug:

No pictures (again!) but quinoa made with homecanned turkey stock and topped with Panang curry with yellow squash, red onion, red/yellow bell pepper, Costco rotisseried chicken breast, homegrown Thai basil leaves - topped with fried basil leaves, and a side of sliced avocado with homegrown lime juice and Hawaiian sea salt.

Has anyone used the Kitchen Aid meat grinder attachment? I hear grinding your own meat is the way to go. Get some sirloin tip and throw a couple of dabs of butter in it and you're good to go. I see KA has a plastic version and then a steel version. Supposedly one of these attachments does a good job.

Like the meat grinder. All I have works good. Got the veggie /fruit strainer. DO NOT RUN RASPBERRIES TWICE. Will break the shaft for strainer. Run tomatoes twice all the time. Just figured I'd share, found this info when looking for replacement shaft. Lil too late tho. Stumbled on a couple cherry trees (sour) gotta vac seal some and start thinking what to do with them. Off topic I know :off: Oh well all good :tank:

Like the meat grinder. All I have works good. Got the veggie /fruit strainer. DO NOT RUN RASPBERRIES TWICE. Will break the shaft for strainer. Run tomatoes twice all the time. Just figured I'd share, found this info when looking for replacement shaft. Lil too late tho. Stumbled on a couple cherry trees (sour) gotta vac seal some and start thinking what to do with them. Off topic I know :off: Oh well all good :tank:

Nah, this is a cooking thread - not off topic at all IMHO! Yum yum cherries!

no pics but grilled veggies on pasta and grilled lamb loin chops with mint and basil pesto

Tater tot casserole and chocolate (pause) chocolate chip cookies. The tater tot casserole was good. From fix it and forget it book. Slow cooked in pressure cooker on low temp (crock pot) setting. Kids chowed so ill share recipe. Layer pound ground beef raw, frozen green beans and can cream of mushroom. Spread cream of mushroom. Next do a layer of cheese we did mozarella cause thats what we had. Then hefty layer of tater tots. Season every layer separately or at least thats what i did. Silly really...

Sweet potato hash. Sauteed the sweet potatoes in coconut oil, seasoned with our favorite herb blend, glazed with a bit of maple syrup. Served on leftover jasmine rice with egg, sambal oelek, and homemade Greek yogurt.

IMG_20160619_0728014_rewind.jpg

Happy fathers day. A case study in being lazy but cooking tasty breakfast. I have raved about the Hamilton Beach breakfast machine before, and still use it. That being said I need a sandwich maker cuz I can get stupid with those. Anyways only used the bottom of the sandwich maker, and first buttered bottom, then did a layer of smoked ham from the other day , cracked an egg on top, and covered with cheese. Then put on a warm ciabatta roll. The ham took on a very nice sear. Here's a pic but I mean come on..

View attachment 1466353117484.jpg

No pictures of the armadillo eggs after they were cooked but they went over very well and are completely gone!

Pastrami turned out great again. Great recipe fro Amazingribs.com.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1466383069.259851.jpg

I have another 4-5 lb brisket turned pastrami that we have not touched. I'm chilling it and will slice it up deli style thin on the electric slicer once cold.

Great day, with both daughter's, their husbands, and my one month old grandson, and we all loaded up and went and saw my dad and mom, then came back and played in the pool with pina collidas and craft beers, then ate more pastrami on marbled rye. Can't really ask for a better Father's Day!! [emoji3]

OMG, that's just perfect!! I'm doing that one!!

Notes for the next one. Use a thick bbq sauce on the pork loin to keep the pineapple from cooking it and making it mushy on the outside. Lightly dust pineapple with cayenne before applying bacon. Used thick cut bacon.

No pictures of the armadillo eggs after they were cooked but they went over very well and are completely gone!

View attachment 359200

I have another 4-5 lb brisket turned pastrami that we have not touched. I'm chilling it and will slice it up deli style thin on the electric slicer once cold.

Great day, with both daughter's, their husbands, and my one month old grandson, and we all loaded up and went and saw my dad and mom, then came back and played in the pool with pina collidas and craft beers, then ate more pastrami on marbled rye. Can't really ask for a better Father's Day!! [emoji3]

That's amazing.

View attachment 359200

Looks great, I'd like one of those sammis :D

Yeastie boy is being funny (?) with a Breaking Bad reference. Heisenberg's trademark blue meth.

I was thinking blue rock candy, but the aluminum pan threw me. Kinda close. Trying to laugh, not working so far.

Only seen the first few episodes of Breaking Bad (at least the one where the acid melted the tub and went through the ceiling).

Latest posts

Back