What did I cook this weekend.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ribs corn cob, salad and beer already at the table. Still waiting for the local sweet corn, this was from the store and wasn't all that great.

Attachments

• KIMG0430.JPG
    KIMG0430.JPG
    809.1 KB · Views: 0
Oooooo!!! Explain please! Looks soooo gooood....
49479B51-06E8-4CC9-840E-63170DAC42EC.jpeg158AAD8E-F388-4D5A-8746-971EA3E6A028.jpeg7199751E-9932-49C2-90CC-6CE38721ED60.jpeg
This isn’t sweet and I’ll want to sweeten it just a little more, add chocolate chips and possibly nuts The next time I bake it. The texture is almost cake like, but there’s no butter or oil in the recipe. It is a very sticky dough, so I used a loaf pan. Here’s the site Chocolate Sourdough Bread {Luxurious + Hearty Loaf} - crave the good I used this recipe because it included a cold rest. One other detail… I used AP flour that may have softened the texture a small bit.

Last edited:
That chocolate sour dough does look yummy. Would it be good with cream cheese spread on it? How do you usually eat it?

We had friends over for dinner last night. Apps were grilled linguica sprinkled with fresh lime; cheese and crackers; copious amounts of wine and homebrew. Dinner was grilled tri-tip, twice baked potatoes, fresh carrots with butter and dill; and sliced tomatoes with mozzarella and fresh basil with a balsamic glaze. Friends brought a banana cream pie for dessert.

IMG-2010.jpg

IMG-2011.jpg

We had friends over for dinner last night. Apps were grilled linguica sprinkled with fresh lime; cheese and crackers; copious amounts of wine and homebrew. Dinner was grilled tri-tip, twice baked potatoes, fresh carrots with butter and dill; and sliced tomatoes with mozzarella and fresh basil with a balsamic glaze. Friends brought a banana cream pie for dessert.
Huh I will be doing tri tip this weekend. The other stuff wont be as fancy.

Everything served was actually fairly quick and easy to put together. The twice-baked potatoes took the longest, but are actually fairly easy to make. I really like tri-tip for its really beefy flavor. Enjoy yours.
I will wish would have known the cut long ago. Tonight tho ribeye. On pit boss sorta smoked as pellet grills do then open flamed. Tater and salad

Attachments

• KIMG0445.JPG
    KIMG0445.JPG
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 0
First time doing baked ziti on the Traeger.

I roasted the Plum tomato’s for 30 minutes at 450. Peeled the skin. The went about making the sauce. Once made (I used 6 oz smoked mozzarella to aid to the flavor) I smoked it for 35 mins at 180 on super smoke (ironwood 650) then I went to 400*f for 35
CB629614-78E9-4F62-AFDC-3354B770DCEF.jpeg

Wife and I have been battling Covid for the last 14 days. She's a couple of days behind me and this is my first symptom free day! Sore throat has been the worst and longest symptom by far. Ready to get back to normal!

Did this last night.
View attachment 779366

Also made these a few days ago.
View attachment 779367View attachment 779370
What’s not to like about baked good? Glad to read that you and your wife are feeling better.
Today I was gifted freshly caught tuna! In appreciation I baked a loaf of sourdough.
BCE64EFD-E927-456D-974D-68E6AA0A3029.jpeg

Tuna two ways. Seared and poke.
4AE05EB9-3F2B-4E7F-BE76-22C9B04E674B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back